Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Gold

I'll need some 9mm gauge track, and I understand it is still 4mm just narrow gauge. And there will be no engine......so it will just be static for the looks.

Is there anything else I am missing?????

Jaz,

I am not sure that anyone else would sell it cheaper as they make it.  They will also sell you some track.  It comes in yard lengths and is Peco  flexitrack.

You might get a cheap loco on eBay.

My Dad has been with my brother for a week, and today my brother bought him home, I dare say most of you are thinking so what.....BUT my bother told me that he did not JUST have Zoo animals, and people and the other odds and ends from the 1960s. ...........

Oooooooooh No. This man was a serious Dr Who fan, and guess who has just been given a little box of

Daleks....8 Daleks at 1:72 He has already put them together, they are other wise untouched....there is one that has his 'eye' broken . BUT I have a blue police box / TARDIS, and I now have 8 lovely little Daleks, and I will be making other characters from the series........You can fight out which era....I know my favourite......but others are high on the list....

AND....there is icing on the cake.......ooooooh yes.......10...... not 8....... but 10 Cybermen!!!!!!!!!! They are bigger than the Daleks when they should b similar to the normal figures.....but a little perspective and we'll get there........

But Dr Who oo Dr Who.......Dr Who oo Dr Who........ :jester:

Must go.....I need to do a little painting...... :butcher:

• Like 6

to your left the pristine model....to the right the not so pristine....

med_gallery_17883_3112_223880.jpgrmweb4009drwhodaleks

I am very take with Chris Ns use of grey as a base colour....much easier to see the detailing than black which is recommended by Citadel.

med_gallery_17883_3112_209882.jpgrmweb4010drwhodaleks

• Like 7

the paint job is copied from a 1960s film version.

and the base red was no where near shine enough....soon fixed THAT

med_gallery_17883_3112_234313.jpgrmweb4011drwhodaleks

then a touch of Citadel flash gitz yellow and citadel auric armour gold, and a few layers to get it decent

med_gallery_17883_3112_134459.jpgrmweb4012drwhodaleks

the guns etc are white with umbral 11 an a acrylic silver, and citadel ice blue for behind the 'eye'

The toilet plunger is actually white on this model...but I changed it to black to make it more distinct, as it is on other Daleks.

When it is all dry a touch up might be necessary, at the moment far to wet to mess.......

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I am very take with Chris Ns use of grey as a base colour....much easier to see the detailing than black which is recommended by Citadel.

That's why I use grey primer for my cut'n'shut/filler projects. I save a final dusting of white primer as an undercoat for the yellow.

Cheers,

Mick

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100609201900/tardis/images/e/ec/Cybermen_Silver_Nemesis.jpg

I forgot to put up a picture of an unpainted version, but they are a match for the above link

I have already painted this one Grey and the added some rather heavy white splashes

med_gallery_17883_3112_190045.jpgrmweb4013drwhodaleks

don't worry the features are good it a poor light, wet paint situation....

more white especially for the head and upper torso and start the silver

med_gallery_17883_3112_184286.jpgrmweb4014drwhodaleks

• Like 4

pure black would be a bit heavy, so I used Citadel shade nulling Nuln oil, which is good because it runs along creases easier, and even as you layer it to get darker colours, they overlap in places giving more shades which I need

med_gallery_17883_3112_430463.jpgrmweb4015drwhodaleks

and as soon as it is tacky I layer on more and just a touch of pure black under the arms and between the legs for deeper shadows, i touch it to the still tacky nulling   stupid speller checker.....Nuln oil, to stop if being too black

med_gallery_17883_3112_266053.jpgrmweb4016drwhodaleks

Edited by Jaz

Knowing i was going for bronze and gold I started with a brown

med_gallery_17883_3112_447142.jpgrmweb4019drwhodaleks

while still wet i added some tame ochre for highlights, even tho i would be painting over this base colour

med_gallery_17883_3112_369397.jpgrmweb4020drwhodaleks

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

sorry I got carried away

tamiya titanium gold x-31 for the top and middle band, Citadel warlock bronze for the main colour

white and umbral o11 silver for the weapons, and black for the floor trim and heads of weapons

med_gallery_17883_3112_78516.jpgrmweb4021drwhodaleks

then some Citadel aggro earth shade for shadows along creases

med_gallery_17883_3112_106597.jpgrmweb4022drwhodaleks

and some of the titanium mixed into the bronze for highlights on the main body

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

and finally the Red 1960 versus the shiny gold/bronze 2005

neither look good on the white paper...I'll pop them into the layout tomorrow

med_gallery_17883_3112_241441.jpgrmweb4025drwhodaleks

med_gallery_17883_3112_181796.jpgrmweb4024drwhodaleks

perhaps chasing a few humans they might look a bit more scary......

then again being chased by Dr Who and companions THEY might look somewhat scared.......

Tomorrow now will be the time to start looking to see what I can come up with.......

• Like 4