Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

The question is... are you going to put him in?

:sungum:

Although it means sacrificing one dalek.....although I might be able to use the top half as scenery....

and I have to cut a suitable model and adjust......

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

the figure and base colour

med_gallery_17883_3112_74567.jpgrmweb4028dr whodaleks

The short jacket...unfortunately not open.....and the straw hat......are what attracted me to this character

the umbrella??? will need to be made separately....fingers crossed.....

testing the colours and shadows.

med_gallery_17883_3112_62759.jpgrmweb4029drwho dleks

• Like 2

a red and a black biro

The black for the checks on the trousers, ad the red for the hatband...then the black dull the hatband...and the red pick it up again...

med_gallery_17883_3112_130282.jpgrmweb4032dr who daleks

some brown paint, red pain green paint for the scarf....it ended up a bit thick so some repainting of the jacket

med_gallery_17883_3112_312884.jpgrmweb4033 dr  ho daleks

• Like 2

red and black biro for the tie he appears to wear it loose at the neck.

and a not very good as what i think are brown and white brogues....so far not too successful brown shoes may end up being a compromise

med_gallery_17883_3112_231271.jpgrmweb4034dr who daleks

imagine at a safe distance, with scenery....and some lighting.....getting there....

med_gallery_17883_3112_57448.jpgrmweb4035 dr who dalek

• Like 4

...and my  brother says....the Nemesis Cybermen are Tom Baker and Unit era......so guess what else I have to track down (He is MY Favourite) Although I like the latest ones a lot.

AND he is going to research The Master....and HIS T.A.R.D.I.S........

This is expanding at inter galactic speed.....AND I now plan to model some maggots......also Unit.And have to make Davros.....THe ONLY train I can think of is flying in outer space.....and NO I have no plans to model that.......gulps........

1:72 Daleks!!!

Who made them?

Edit: ....I mean manufactureda

Apparently they are Citadel, and came out about the time the TV Nemesis series s out....so at least 15 years old.

And his says he has some broken bits which I will get....looking forward to seeing what else is included.......

no change of a K9.........sad face........I wonder......acg_mr managed a lawnmower?......hmmmmmmm......

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There is one company that is licensed to make Daleks... http://www.thisplanetearth.co.uk/page10.html

They do a TARDIS too.

Though they're not quite the scale that you're after!

Though they do have quite a few decent photos that may be useful reference. Including the differences in the TARDIS from Doctor to Doctor.

Edited by Anotheran
  • Like 1

JUST DONT try too focus to close up.... :O  :O  :O

med_gallery_17883_3112_32451.jpgrmweb4036 dr w ho daleks

am still tweaking this, and hoping to photograph 'on set' tonite or tomorrow.......

.......need more daleks and cybermen........

I was determined not to give in to it!

But no one else has done it!

And I'm very weak willed!

So!

- EXTERMINATE!!!

(sorry :blush:)

I was determined not to give in to it!

But no one else has done it!

And I'm very weak willed!

So!

- EXTERMINATE!!!

(sorry :blush:)

I wanted Kal to put up this as a heading.......but he just looked at me as though I was soft in the head.....

Dr Who ooo Dr Who.....Dr Who ooo Dr Who.........

Cybermen only really come in one colour in this specific era of the 'suit'.....so it's gonna be a conveyor belt....

The unpainted one has lost his weapon and an antennae not that he won't get painted but he was best choice to show them unpainted

med_gallery_17883_3112_99445.jpgrmweb4037drehodaleks

the base grey

the white he'd and torso with some silver and white highlights on the rest of th body.....low lights to follow.....there's no change to the technique since the first one, because 'in the flesh' they look nice.

med_gallery_17883_3112_399825.jpgrmweb4038drehodaleks

and I am expecting them to look good on the layout......

• Like 4

And its not hard work.....so am pushing through with them

med_gallery_17883_3112_430341.jpgrmweb4039drwhodaleks

the Daleks will be harder......only so many, and more colours than I have Daleks.

So which ones?

I have a 1st 1960s film red black gold

I have a New Series NSD Bronze

I want to see if I can make a decent Davros body which will mean losing a Dalek. :butcher: ...although my brother thinks he might have a body at home... :sungum: 

A 1960s 2nd film gold and black appeals

I like Death to the Daleks with the pale blue turquoise on a black background

I would like a Black boss but am not sure if it would photograph well....

The paradigm colours don't appeal, and the body shape is wrong anyway........

sighs......it's like Pokemon.....I want them ALL..........

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I agree that the shape is wrong for paradigm and the colours don't look good anyway. My favourites are the NSD bronze that you already have, Genesis black on grey, Day of the Daleks black on gold and quite a quirky one is Death to the Daleks black on white. The black NSD Daleks do looks quite something, but I suspect you're right about not photographing very well. Personally I'm not keen on the turquoise whether on black or white!

Maybe the remaining part after the donation of the body for Davros could be the driver in a diesel loco (you can only see the top half in most diesels)... That would certainly set the rivet counters chattering ;)

• Like 2

http://www.gadgetgear.nl/2014/06/jezelf-3d-printen-bij-de-hema/

Not too sure that this technique is available in 1:72 yet though. But the future application of this technology is mind-bending.

It's certainly fascinating! As I understand it, they manufacture a miniature - derived from the scanning - upon which the results of all the (64?) cameras are printed.

(Ian M. Banks come back from the dead. you have work to do)

Hal Winded.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So where are the Darleks then? They should be small with wasp stripes and have two flashing white lights.....

Andy G

Darleks: Emergency speed advance warning boards.

Edited by uax6
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So where are the Darleks then? They should be small with wasp stripes and have two flashing white lights.....

Andy G

Darleks: Emergency speed advance warning boards.

You mean one of these?

post-408-0-52360700-1422919015_thumb.jpg

It does flash - via an old DCC decoder.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Is anyone aware of an instance where you see trains with Dr Who characters, I believe we have two London underground trains...I think the maggots were in the underground. Although I still have to make the maggots. But any railway related memories would be of interest...so I can try and do a related photoshoot.

I have 10 finished Cybermen. Still Just 2 finished Daleks and one almost finished Dr Who. More to come.............I have soldiers but they are either modern NATO for the airplanes helicopters or WW2, not certain if I already have something for UNIT. Will have a mooch tomorrow. Oh and ONE Hornby Police Box T.A.R.D.I.S.

• Like 1