Farish mk2F coaches

On 24/10/2020 at 18:50, westie7 said:

Now I've done a BSO/FO cut-n-shut to a BFK in OO ... Wonder if I could do it in N

IIRC Mk2d were the last ones with Compartment stock Mk2F were all open saloons.

6 hours ago, acg5324 said:

IIRC Mk2d were the last ones with Compartment stock Mk2F were all open saloons.

The fundamental body is the same between Mk2d and f so if doing a cut and shut BFK then fixing the odd vent and fan is not a problem. The alternative is just to add a new interior and paint the 1 and Yellow stripe on - fixing the fan and M/A would be on my list but even I would find it difficult to tell the difference of a plain body shell without the livery and number to help.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Bomag said:

The fundamental body is the same between Mk2d and f so if doing a cut and shut BFK then fixing the odd vent and fan is not a problem. The alternative is just to add a new interior and paint the 1 and Yellow stripe on - fixing the fan and M/A would be on my list but even I would find it difficult to tell the difference of a plain body shell without the livery and number to help.

Yes, the easiest part is cutting up the FO and creating a corridor interior. Getting the BSO brake section cut into the correct proportion is the nightmare

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my pair and they have gone to the bother of producing a disk braked B4 bogie with the WSP cabling etc. :D. Pitty the IC Scotrail one has the set number on the end which limits its time period.

4 hours ago, Bomag said:

Pitty the IC Scotrail one has the set number on the end which limits its time period.

Will it come off with a light touch with a cocktail stick? A lot of recent Farish printing does. Easier to remove than apply neatly if so!

Jo

• Agree 2
16 hours ago, Bomag said:

I just got my pair and they have gone to the bother of producing a disk braked B4 bogie with the WSP cabling etc. :D. Pitty the IC Scotrail one has the set number on the end which limits its time period.

To be expected I suppose, as the OO ones were like that.

What will be interesting to see, given they've fitted a Next18 socket, is will get more than directional lights on F0 only.  OO had cab light, guard compartment and passenger saloon also across F2, 3 & 4.

Regards,

Paul