Fuses in the Neutral ! (NO)!

jamesrj

Andy W.

( Re heatsinks posted by Robert W)

Can I ask the Website  to remove, or partially blank out . 3 pdf circuits which in my opinion

are dangerous which show fuses in both the phase and neutral conductors of these  circuits.

Surely the website has a duty of care to its members to ensure that circuits posted of a technical nature are correct in every way.

The placing of fuses in the neutral conductor went out in the 50s when our supplies changed

from DC to AC..

I feel if this circuit were to be followed by a non technical person, ( which many do ) it could result in death, or serious injury, for if only the neutral fuse were to rupture it would then place 240volts

to earth on the transformer terminations.

james

It seems that RobertW knows what you are referring to and has dealt with it, but for the rest of us it would be helpful if this was in the topic referred to or at least linked.

EDIT - OK I've found it, what would have been more appropriate to reach the admin team is to use the Report button rather than start a separate topic.  This is what another member did (thank you) to bring this to our attention.

On the subject of duty of care, we are not necessarily experts and certainly cannot read and assess every single post on here, so we rely on others to bring matters to our attention which is what you have done albeit indirectly, so thank you for that.

Archived