Wycrail '13 - High Wycombe - 2nd November

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

Once again the High Wycombe and District MRS are please to present our annual Wycrail exhibition on Saturday 2nd November 2013..

For a second year at bright and spacious our new venue:
CRESSEX COMMUNITY SCHOOL,
CRESSEX ROAD,
HIGH WYCOMBE
HP12 4UD
Opening times:10.00 - 17.00

Prices:
Adult: £ 5.00
Child: £ 3.50
Family: £ 11.00 (2x Adults + 2x Children)

Twitter: @hwdmrs

- 31 layouts for you to enjoy
- 4 demonstration stands, where you can learn how to improve your modelling skills
- 6 railway / modelling society stands, these people will be delighted to talk to you about their organisations
- if you have a modelling shopping list, there are 19 Trade Stands who will be delighted to help you out!

BRITISH LAYOUTS
Picture This O
Hobbs Warren O
Addison South EM
Cramdin Yard OO
Halland OO
Warren Lane OO
Connaught Road OO
Brixworth Station OO
Midchester City OO
Banbury N
Lofthole Oil Terminal N
Polbrook Gurney OO
Fisherrow Yard O
Bradfield Gloucester Square OO
Cromer OO
Corris OO9

Bridport Town On

Littleworth Sidings OO

Children's 'have a go' layout OO

NORTH AMERICAN and CONTINENTAL LAYOUTS
Bad Aston HO
Red Hook Bay HO
Tre Ponti HO
Wiley City HO
Carling Lake HO
Yamanouchi Oshika N
Shasta Z

Silbeek Z
Toute Deriction HO
Havnegrade HO

Wilmich am Rhein N

Dawes Creek (Australian) N

TRADE STANDS
Ceynix Railway Trees
Cheltenham Models
DCC Supplies
Falcon Figures
Freestone Models
G & W Railways
H & A Models
Hedgerow Scenics
Hornby
JB’s Model World Kytes Lights
N-Gauged
Rail Books
Railway Memories
Squires Tools
Wealistic Models
West Wales Wagon Works
DoubleO Scenics

Brunswick Railways Ltd.

Oh and lots of splendid home made cakes!

Updates and further information will follow in due course. We hope to see you there!

• 4 weeks later...

I visited Wycrail '11 (the last in its old venue) and was impressed by the range of layouts, the 4mm contingent being represented by 00, EM and P4. I notice that here were no EM or P4 layouts last year nor are there any planned for November. Is there a reason for this?

Regards

• RMweb Gold

David

Without getting into too much of a debate, I do not believe that "fine scale" and "gauge" are mutually exclusive. We aim to include a wide range of what we consider quality layouts each year and the mix will always vary due to availability,space, and the overall mix of scales etc.

Whilst last years line up might not have included EM or P4 gauges it did include 2mm fs and 3mm fs layouts along with some exceptional examples of 4mm oo modelling.

There is certainly no bias as your post might possibly infer, please come along and say hello I hope you might enjoy the show and the overal quality of modelling on show.

Hi,

It certainly looks like a good show this year, alot of very high quality layouts.

Unfortunatly, it looks like I won't be attending this year as I will be working Saturday Morning! Oh well.

Simon

• RMweb Gold

You should have been more careful what you wished for!  :jester:

Unfortunatly, it looks like I won't be attending this year as I will be working Saturday Morning! Oh well.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm going to have to withdraw the above statement, as it turns out my first leave period has been set over the weekend of Wycrail, so I will be there both on Saturday and the Friday evening set up, obviously someone at Network Rail knows whats going on...

Simon

Hi,

I'm going to have to withdraw the above statement, as it turns out my first leave period has been set over the weekend of Wycrail, so I will be there both on Saturday and the Friday evening set up, obviously someone at Network Rail knows whats going on...

Simon

Pleased to hear this Simon - I was wondering how I was going to plan the roster for the event without you!!

• RMweb Gold

Yes the bus will be running again from the town centre, railway station and the Cressex park and ride.

I'm afraid the cakes will not be there again as they all got eaten, but we will have some fresh ones instead!

• 4 weeks later...

A gang from Liphook & District Model Railway Club will be there with Yamanouchi Oshika. This is the first time we have exhibited at Wycrail

Early start required from the wilds of West Sussex on Saturday morning, although we will load up on Friday evening.

Please come and see us on the day and say hello.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

My Bridport Town layout has been added to this years Wycrail, as a replacement for a withdrawn layout.  (I was booked for next year)

Less than four weeks to go now, I'm looking forward to the trip and will be accompanied by Mudmagnet

Cheers, Dave.

• RMweb Gold

A gang from Liphook & District Model Railway Club will be there with Yamanouchi Oshika. This is the first time we have exhibited at Wycrail

Early start required from the wilds of West Sussex on Saturday morning, although we will load up on Friday evening.

Please come and see us on the day and say hello.

My Bridport Town layout has been added to this years Wycrail, as a replacement for a withdrawn layout.  (I was booked for next year)

Less than four weeks to go now, I'm looking forward to the trip and will be accompanied by Mudmagnet

Cheers, Dave.

We will be looking to seeing you both at the show, less than 4 weeks to go now....

For the show the High Wycombe and District Model Railway Society have commissioned a 7 plank Private Owner coal wagon from West Wales Wagon Wagon Works in the livery of local coal and coke merchant W. V. Baines & Son Ltd.  It will be available for purchase from either the Societies stand or from West Wales Wagon Wagon Works at the WYCRAIL exhibition

Further details on the wagon can be found on its own thread here.

Hello

This show will be last appearance of my 'Brixworth Station' layout in England. It's final appearance will at Model Rail Glasgow next year and then it will be making the final journey to the scrap-yard. So come and see my pointless layout for a final time,  although it's equally pointless operators will hopefully be carrying on for a few years yet.

Cheers

George

Hi.

A quick update for you as WYCRAIL is fast approaching.

1. The most important piece of news is that the "High Wycombe & District Cake Manufacturing Company" is now fully geared up for it's forthcoming production run!!

2. If you need to find out about the fantastic selection of 31x Layouts, 6x Society stands, 4x Demonstrations and 19x Trade stands, then please go here.

3. For those of you planning to travel to the show by car, your can find the directions here - if using SatNav, then the postcode is HP12 4UD. There is parking at Cressex Community School, but if you fancy something a bit different, there is a FREE VIntage Shuttle bus service from the Park and Ride adjacent to Jct 4 of the M40. See the map here and the bus timetable here.

4. If you are coming by train, Chiltern Railways to High Wycombe from both London Marylebone and from Birmingham via Warwick, Leamington, Banbury & Bicester, then the times of our FREE Vintage Bus Service from High Wycombe station, every hour - on the hour, can be found here.

All of the HWDMRS members are looking forward to seeing you on Saturday November 2nd - we hope that you all have a great day out!

• RMweb Gold

Due to circumstances beyond our and the layout owners control Obbekaer is no longer able to attend so we have replaced it with Dawes Creek (Australian) N scale and a new trader Brunswick Railways Ltd.
I have updated the OP accordingly.

• RMweb Gold

Car broke down just a few miles from home after travelling back from Warrington show tonight.

However a very simple fix to an apparently common problem by the breakdown man means we still have transport to bring Banbury!

Phew!!!!

See you in a few weeks.

Ian

Archived