Wycrail '13 - High Wycombe - 2nd November

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Premium

I suppose I better get Cramdin out of store and do something with it. Not quite sure what but there must be something! I have no doubt my operating team (PhilH) will have sorted out a brand new operating sequence. Looking forward to a good show.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

I suppose I better get Cramdin out of store and do something with it. Not quite sure what but there must be something! 

Dave

I've been spending time cleaning up Bridport, evicting the spiders, hoovering up the cobwebs and cleaning spider-poo off the backscene...

Working on the stock now, gluing back coach windows that had fallen it etc.

Looking forward to seeing Cramdin, I followed its development on the Forum but I've never actually seen it.

Cheers, Dave.

Hi,

Just over a week now until Wycrail, I have been in contact with the public catering manager and it seems that organisation and most importantly, the cakes, are coming along very nicely indeed!

If you want to sample the famous Wycrail cakes, please come long at 10:00 to Cressex Community school in High Wycombe, next Saturday!

Simon

Hi,

Just over a week now until Wycrail, I have been in contact with the public catering manager and it seems that organisation and most importantly, the cakes, are coming along very nicely indeed!

If you want to sample the famous Wycrail cakes, please come long at 10:00 to Cressex Community school in High Wycombe, next Saturday!

Simon

Simon, I worry that the cakes maybe a little stale by next Saturday. Rock cakes anyone?

Edit for auto incorrections!

Simon, I worry that the cakes maybe a little stale by next Saturday. Rock cakes anyone?

Edit for auto incorrections!

Hi,

Don't worry, I assure you that the cakes will be Fresh and tasty on Saturday. Of course you are welcome to come along on Saturday to taste test them!

Simon

Hi - (and Yes, I'm deliberately SHOUTING - TOWN CRIER MODE!!)

FREE BUS SERVICE, FREE PARKING, 31 LAYOUTS, 6 SOCIETY STANDS, 4 DEMONSTRATIONS, 19 TRADERS

AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS, THE BEST CAKE STALL IN SOUTH BUCKINGHAMSHIRE!!

ROLL UP - ROLL UP

Hi - (and Yes, I'm deliberately SHOUTING - TOWN CRIER MODE!!)

FREE BUS SERVICE, FREE PARKING, 21 LAYOUTS, 6 SOCIETY STANDS, 4 DEMONSTRATIONS, 19 TRADERS

AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS, THE BEST CAKE STALL IN SOUTH BUCKINGHAMSHIRE!!

ROLL UP - ROLL UP

Speaking sotto voce, should that not be thirty-one layouts?

CP

There is just a chance that Gruffalo will manage to get there with a couple of little Gruffs! If I get more positives, I will place some equipment orders from traders in advance (paint and tortoises are required).

What else do Gruffalos eat in addition to tortoises?

Little Gruffs like sausages, ribs and Grandma Gruff's apple crumble with ice cream and custard; large Gruffs are pleased by whatever they can scavenge (within reason) and normally prefer to wash down calories with a traditional cask bitter. Sadly, this large Gruff cannot drink when carrying the little Gruffs around the highways and byways to reach HW. 

As for possible purchases, seems none of the trade stands will stock Phoenix-Precision Paints but I will be looking for paint brushes and tweezers / clamps / files / solder / flux. I may defer getting Tortoises. I will be talking to DCC Supplies about possibly sound-equipping Bachmann Prairie and Hall, could do with some loco crews too! These may take second place to a good pastie (I doubt the Captain's own personal supplier will be shipping to this exhibition) or cream cakes and a nice cuppa tea!

C U there!

Little Gruffs like sausages, ribs and Grandma Gruff's apple crumble with ice cream and custard; large Gruffs are pleased by whatever they can scavenge (within reason) and normally prefer to wash down calories with a traditional cask bitter. Sadly, this large Gruff cannot drink when carrying the little Gruffs around the highways and byways to reach HW. 

As for possible purchases, seems none of the trade stands will stock Phoenix-Precision Paints but I will be looking for paint brushes and tweezers / clamps / files / solder / flux. I may defer getting Tortoises. I will be talking to DCC Supplies about possibly sound-equipping Bachmann Prairie and Hall, could do with some loco crews too! These may take second place to a good pastie (I doubt the Captain's own personal supplier will be shipping to this exhibition) or cream cakes and a nice cuppa tea!

C U there!

Gruff

Another of the traders - Brunswick Railways - also do Precision Paints.

HTH

Just need to clean wheels and track now having replaced a couple of tie bars....

Looks Falcon Figures have the foot plate crew contract here..... - though the 7F fireman is in the pub chatting to the owner of the blue Bentley... (probably sorting out some clag to cue for a photo up the line - payment in cider)

Looking forward to Mr Mellors helping out playing toy chuffers - cheers Ian!

post-6681-0-86393100-1383219851_thumb.jpg

post-6681-0-36646500-1383219899_thumb.jpg

Dave

Sausage & Bacon Butties will be available for Exhibitors, Traders and Club Members before our visitors are allowed in to the building - at a very reasonable price!!

In amongst all your preparations for the show, you just have to listen out for the announcement.

Feeling hungry already!!

• RMweb Gold

! I have no doubt my operating team (PhilH) will have sorted out a brand new operating sequence. Looking forward to a good show.

Cheers

Dave

Yep I have  - it's based on the Hokey Cokey..left one in, left one out etc., etc. 

Gruff

Another of the traders - Brunswick Railways - also do Precision Paints.

HTH

Thanks Graham,

Brunswick very responsive to a telephone call, should be collecting my paint requirements so many thanks for your suggestion. Just hope there isn't too great a run on Loco Crews (unless they are all quaffing some of that "full bodied" scrumpy referred to in Post 45, in which case they will either have fallen on the floor or having the trots to one of Stubbie's escaped from DitD 4mm 'loos).

Archived