Rumney Models - To Reopen 1st September

jjnewitt

Thanks Justin, I shall pop an SAE in the post and see what happens. I wasn't aware that he still produced any 4mm stuff. All the items in his range that i've seen recently have been 7mm.

Adam

I think the only 4mm stuff that he still does are the transfers and maybe a few castings. Most of the transfers are for air braked stock but aside from the Coil wagon sheet there is one for bogie bolsters that looks like it could be useful.

Justin

• 7 months later...

Over the next couple of weeks Rumney Models will be appearing at both Scalefour North and the RMweb member's day in Taunton. There will be there with some new items to tempt you with:

Firstly Plate wagons chassis...

There are three new kits; B.08 covering BR clasp brake new builds (diagram 1/434), B.09 covering BR clasp braked retrofits (ex unfitted diagrams 1/430 & 1/431) and B.27 covering all the unfitted ones. The later kit also includes parts to models the doube bolsters and the Plates converted from them. They are suitable for the Parkside body. All are £15.

post-13847-0-40369600-1429115112_thumb.jpg

Kit C.21B and chassis kit B.27 under a Parkside body

... and Plate wagon kits.

Three with welded sides and one fully riveted. C.21A covers the new build BR diagram 1/434 vacuum braked plates (all welded bodies), C.21B covers BR diagram 1/430 & 1/431 types retrofitted with the BR clasp brake (welded sides and riveted ends) and C.21C covers the LMS/LNER and BR unfitted types (welded sides). Kit C.22 covers the delightful fully riveted LMS and LNER vehicles. Provision is included for 3 or 4 hinge doors and riveted/welded ends where appropriate. All are £27 and include chassis and body. 

Also freeing themselves from the clutches of my workbench are a chassis kit for the BR diagram 1/119 vacuum braked minerals (for the first 1000 MDVs fitted with the standard BR clasp brake - kit B.06 - £12), the rest of the Bogie Bolster E underframe (basically etched solebars and headstocks to complement the detailing etch - kit C.04A - £5.50) and a little etch for forming the spring brackets and covers on shock absorbing wagons (uses 8BA bolt thread - not included- for the springs - kit B.91 - £2.50).

Phew!

I will have stocks of everything except the Plate wagon bodies at Scalefour North. They didn't quite make the deadline for ordering etches. I will be taking orders for them though for delivery in around 3 weeks time. What I have at Taunton will depend on what get's sold at Wakefield!

For further details see the website. I look forward to seeing some of you at Wakefield and others at Taunton.

Justin

• Like 3

Interesting news Justin, thanks for the update, a healthy corrective to loco-centricism in hifi etched brass. Proper plate wagons: lovely. The Bogie Bolster E frames should open up a couple more conversion possibilities though it's a bit late for my Coil Rs!

Excellent.

Adam

Interesting news Justin, thanks for the update, a healthy corrective to loco-centricism in hifi etched brass. Proper plate wagons: lovely. The Bogie Bolster E frames should open up a couple more conversion possibilities though it's a bit late for my Coil Rs!

Excellent.

Adam

The Bogie Bolster E underframe was a bit of an impromptu thing. It was originally just going to be a test for me ahead of doing the Bogie Bolster Cs at some point. It was only when it came up in conversation with someone that I decided to release it. You'd already started you Coil Rs by then though. 

Justin

I've been looking at your chassis kits recently, what is the difference between B11 and B12? They seem to be for the same wagons...

Different axleguards: B11 has the BR type, B 12 the RCH type (pre-Nationalisation vehicles).

Adam

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Old news, so far as Justin's range is concerned, but here's an example of one of his etches 'in the wild'. The detailing etch for the Bogie Bolster E under one of my pair of models of conversions from them, the Coil R (more on my workbench thread). The 'value-added' element should be fairly obvious, I think.

post-256-0-34714400-1440756640.gif

Adam

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Old news, so far as Justin's range is concerned, but here's an example of one of his etches 'in the wild'. The detailing etch for the Bogie Bolster E under one of my pair of models of conversions from them, the Coil R (more on my workbench thread). The 'value-added' element should be fairly obvious, I think.

attachicon.gifCoil_R_23.gif

Adam

Frighteningly good.

Mike.

attachicon.gifCoil_R_23.gif

Adam

I will have to acquire some for my Cambrian Turbot kits!

Mark Saunders

The Coil R is looking really good Adam! Thanks for posting it on this thread. 

Yes polybear I will be at Scaleforum this year and I will also be at Expo EM North the weekend before. It's going to be a busy September! There will be details of new product posted here in at some point next week.

Justin

• Like 1

Product Announcement time!

There are a number of new items in 4mm scale now available from Rumney Models.

Firstly there is a chassis kit for the BR lifting link brake 21T coal hoppers (kit B.28 - £13). These are for welded body hoppers to diagram 1/146. The full open nature of the underframe is captured and parts are included to model either the unfitted or vacuum braked versions. P4/EM only.

post-13847-0-14664500-1441438903_thumb.jpg

Other items include a chassis kit for pre-Nationalisation 20/21T coal wagons (kit B23 - £11). This is designed with the Parkside LNER loco coal wagon and the Dapol GWR N32 Felix Pole mineral in mind.

There is also an open wagon tarpaulin bar detailing etch (kit B.92 - £3). This is specifically for the LMS/BR wooden opens and shock absorbing opens with steel corrugated ends. Sufficient parts are included for two wagons and both early and late type brackets are covered. Etched pins are used to help provide strength where the brackets locate on the wagon ends.

post-13847-0-01894000-1441438911_thumb.jpg

Sprung Warship bogies are now available (kit D.06 - £24). These are designed around the Bachmann Swindon class 42 model and are P4 only.

Finally in 7mm scale there is the distinctive United Dairies GWR/SR milk tank platforms (kit OA.07 - £12) and associated construction jig (kit OA.08 - £10). Designed to the same spec as the 4mm kit this etch will build into a pair of platforms and includes options for both left and right handed versions. The construction jig is designed to make life a whole lot easier when assembling them.

Further details can either be found on the Rumney Models website or in person at either ExpoEM North or Scaleforum this month.

Justin

Edit: Conflicting terminology corrected.

Edited by jjnewitt
  • Like 5