Model Rail Scotland 2010 - Who is going?

Brush47337

Falkirk MRC will be attending with their new layout Fleckenkirk. The layout is a 24 foot N gauge located in an imaginary location in the Rhine valley. Trains depart from the station of Fleckenkirk Bahnhof before either continuing along the valley floor on one main line or starting their long climb on the second main line. Watch trains tunnel under vast hills and scale huge gorges as they meander along their route. An enclosed spiral allows trains to move between levels. In the town there is plenty of character with a mix of old and new buildings, each fantastically detailed. A selection of German trains will run along with some cross border connections from France.

Greig

post-7665-1266272979857_thumb.jpg

post-7665-12662730580954_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Falkirk MRC will be attending with their new layout Fleckenkirk. The layout is a 24 foot N gauge located in an imaginary location in the Rhine valley. Trains depart from the station of Fleckenkirk Bahnhof before either continuing along the valley floor on one main line or starting their long climb on the second main line. Watch trains tunnel under vast hills and scale huge gorges as they meander along their route. An enclosed spiral allows trains to move between levels. In the town there is plenty of character with a mix of old and new buildings, each fantastically detailed. A selection of German trains will run along with some cross border connections from France.

Greig

post-7665-1266272979857_thumb.jpg

post-7665-12662730580954_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

More Fleckenkirk photos here:-

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n100/Scottish-Modeller/Falkirk - 2009 Model Railway Exhibition/?track=share_email_album_view_click

Thanks

Guest Max Stafford

I'm hoping there will be someone selling Comet and Judith Edge stuff! :) I can feel a 'wee shunter' thing coming on...!

Dave.

Guest Max Stafford

I'm hoping there will be someone selling Comet and Judith Edge stuff! :) I can feel a 'wee shunter' thing coming on...!

Dave.

Shameless "bump" to get this back up the list.

Show starts this Friday

I am now taking the day off work Friday for "solo" wander round then going back with some pals on Saturday - that way they don't think I am too geeky.

Little do they know

Thanks to Craig for all his efforts on this link. I even spotted him plugging the show on the excellent urban Glasgow.co.uk website - an archive of old Glasgow photos, buildings and stories. Also a good old train line and station site

Stuart

Hi All

Myself and a few hardy members of Wexford Model Railway Club

are starting out at 3am for our trip to model Rail

we are flying from Dublin to Edinburgh and then over to

Glasgow we are looking foreward to meeting old friends

and meeting some new ones

hope the weather holds

David Heath

will be there on the thursday for setting up so say hello to me on arrival as I will be one of the orange clad stewards on door 3.2 or out in the carpark, forecase for thursday is effing snow so will be fun. Glad i have my race marshals gear or overalls, fleece, boots and waterproofs. will also do sunday as well to see the show and marshal the breakdown

• RMweb Premium

I'll be there the whole weekend, from early Thursday for setting up to Sunday night apart from a few hours on Sunday afternoon where I'll be taking a 15 minute walk over the Clyde to indulge my other hobby for 90 minutesbiggrin.gif

I'll be one of the operators on Bonnybridge MRC's "Glen Stewart" layout as well as being around the DEMU stand when I can.

See you all there.

Cheers

Craig

the days of me doing the 4 days are long gone, used to do all 4 days then started taking the saturday off now take fri and sat off. 10 hour shift on thursday and the same on sunday. getting too old. by my reckoning this is my 21st year stewarding at model rail. the hardcore crew from ayr mrg (me peter D, pete C, mark and james now have over 100 years combined experience of doing the show

Hi All

Myself and a few hardy members of Wexford Model Railway Club

are starting out at 3am for our trip to model Rail

we are flying from Dublin to Edinburgh and then over to

Glasgow we are looking foreward to meeting old friends

and meeting some new ones

hope the weather holds

David Heath

David - check the rail site - there has been mutterings of a strike affecting the Glasgow/Edinburgh rail service

Well, It has snowed ALL day here in the Highlands - The A9 and several other roads are closed - I went to Inverness this afternoon to see my lady who is in Raigmore hospital having had an op, and the return journey over the Black Isle was quite exciting, driving-wise - with the car "tramlining" along the ruts - somehow I think this year is going to be a miss ( have the ticket s for exhibish and train - but travelling to Inverness at zero dark hundred to catch the first train out, and returning to find the weather had worsened might be foolhardy. Especially since the nice weather lady on Radio4 at lunchime was talking about places having "accumulations of several METRES!!!!!" If anyone would like to post photos - they would be very welcome

I'm having the same problems as Jack. Weather isn't getting any better and the roads are horrendous with a severe weather warning still in place for tommorow. Dagworth and a few others hve made across the border at least.

Looks like I'm going to be heading there on the Sunday rather then the Saturday. Hope there aren't too many people packing it in early because of the weather. Also hope there are a few bargains left.

Well, It has snowed ALL day here in the Highlands - The A9 and several other roads are closed - I went to Inverness this afternoon to see my lady who is in Raigmore hospital having had an op, and the return journey over the Black Isle was quite exciting, driving-wise - with the car "tramlining" along the ruts - somehow I think this year is going to be a miss ( have the ticket s for exhibish and train - but travelling to Inverness at zero dark hundred to catch the first train out, and returning to find the weather had worsened might be foolhardy. Especially since the nice weather lady on Radio4 at lunchime was talking about places having "accumulations of several METRES!!!!!" If anyone would like to post photos - they would be very welcome

Aye, conditions up north seem pretty hairy. My mum's been off work because the diesel in her car froze, then both routes out of the village were closed (and remain so). Heard there's been a good few fatal crashes and one of the local snow plows caught fire in the back of beyond. 1.5m of snow in 48 hours or so. Definitely a case of essential travel only.

Funny how the amount of snow makes what London got at Christmas look like a light fall, but there's no media panic eh ;)

Archived