Sector Plate Wiring

Hi Guys & Girls,

Just thinking out loud here. I've got something in my head and I'm considering sector plates at either end. My thought is for a 36" single line through the scenic section with a pair of 12" 2-road sector plate at either end. If the scenic section is powered and the sector plates use the brass tube method for electrical contact as per Jon Grants' "Sweethome" layout, would I actually need to wire the sector plates or would the method be enough for such a small layout?

IMG_4380.JPG

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and input.

All the best,

Sam.

Jon has used the 'double bolt' system there. There are 2 alignment bolts, one either side of the track conducting power to the adjacent rail on the swinging deck. For that arrangement, no other wiring is needed.

The alternative system uses one bolt (usually on the positive side rail) to connect one rail on the deck tracks with the other rail on each of the deck roads permanently wired to the oposite polarity. This is easier to set up having only one bolt to construct and align, and quicker in operation, but does require the extra wiring to the deck.

Archived