The Fabulous Bleach Green By Colm Flanagan and Crew

Anthony S

I recently attended the Bangor Show on one mission just to see the Fabulous Bleach Green layout.  A big thank you to Colm and the guys for talking me through the layout and running certain trains I wanted to see.  Enjoy the video. Best viewed at 360p  :good:

Excellent video and an excellent lay-out. I travelled the route many times as i live in Carrick and often wondered about a lay-out featuring the burrow and bridge as its a landmark with stunning views. The link Colin has put up has one of the few pics of a 70 class in Sealink  livery and i have yet to see a model in this livery (hint hint Colm) it would look stunning crossing the bridge.

One of the finest Irish outline layouts there is - all the great Irish layouts are of actual locations IMO :)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree and disagree with you there. Certainly one of the finest Irish layouts out there, but not all the great Irish layouts are of actual locations - Adavoyle in particular stands out. It's based on Dundalk with elements of Strabane thrown in.

That's a gorgeous video, Anthony, of some superb modelling - particularly the viaducts and flying junction but the steam locos and railcars really stand out too. The grass is almost as lush as on Ballykay. There must be truth in the rumour that the grass is greener in Northern Ireland.

Alan

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree and disagree with you there. Certainly one of the finest Irish layouts out there, but not all the great Irish layouts are of actual locations - Adavoyle in particular stands out. It's based on Dundalk with elements of Strabane thrown in.

That's a gorgeous video, Anthony, of some superb modelling - particularly the viaducts and flying junction but the steam locos and railcars really stand out too. The grass is almost as lush as on Ballykay. There must be truth in the rumour that the grass is greener in Northern Ireland.

Alan

Alan Adavoyle is largely based on the Dundalk to Newry/Poyntzpass stretch of the Dublin/Belfast line.  One of the bridges is modeled on the Egyptian arch at Newry.  Also the now disused station at Jonesborough was called Adavoyle and I assume this is where the layout takes its name from.  I had the pleasure of getting a guided tour of the layout by some of the members of the SDMRC where it is now housed. As for the grass been greener on my Ballykay layout and in Northern Ireland it might have something to do with all the rain we get here and 3 days of summer  :)   

Alan

I like bits of Adavoyle, but not all of it - its far too clean and clinical for starters, great buildings,stock etc, needs a bit of grime to make it better. I like layouts where real locations have been modelled ass they are easier to identify with. The fact Bleach Green Junction is an actual location is a bonus :)

Archived