The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

New digital radio rock station

steve1

• RMweb Gold

Giving this a go today and have to say its a vast improvement from a musical perspective over Planet Rock as there is far more breadth to what has been played. Question is if I listen next week what will I be hearing but for now will put this as preset 2 alongside Planet Rock and try it for a while.

Been listening on and off, alternating with PR, for the last week or so while away in my 'holiday home'. Switched it on last Friday morning ( I think). They're playing M & M or however you spell it :O

Switched it off straight away, no way does that belong on a rock station under any circumstances in my book. Not had it on that much, too much 'roaring' something I neither undertstand or like particularly.

Happier with PR, it's more of what I want to hear, ads apart, except for that awful Black Sabbath durge.

Coat please. 

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like I must give it a try.  I've normally got Planet Rock playing, but I too find its "playlist" a bit restricted  (Genesis produced FAR better songs than I Know What I Like in Your Wardrobe...)

Does the new station play a reasonably healthy amount of Prog???

Dave the Rave.

... Switched it on last Friday morning ( I think). They're playing M & M or however you spell it  :O

Switched it off straight away, no way does that belong on a rock station under any circumstances in my book.. 

Nice to see ethics in play - 'Eminem' on a Rock Station? It's about twice as bad as letting Lemmy take your mother out for a drink.

Been listening on and off, alternating with PR, for the last week or so while away in my 'holiday home'. Switched it on last Friday morning ( I think). They're playing M & M or however you spell it :O

Switched it off straight away, no way does that belong on a rock station under any circumstances in my book. Not had it on that much, too much 'roaring' something I neither undertstand or like particularly.

Happier with PR, it's more of what I want to hear, ads apart, except for that awful Black Sabbath durge.

Coat please. 

I couldn't agree more...with the 'coat please'.

Suprised your tuner isn't locked on Radio 2.

M&M try google its a wonderful tool.

I tried it the other day, it's ok. 

Some of the playlist was good, some (TBH) was a bit dire.

Looks like I'll be sticking with PR for the time being,

(with a bit of Arrow and Absolute C/Rock sometimes)

Jeff

I switch to Team for the Nicky Horn show then back to PR for Alice can't get away with Samanthi, and some of the other new PR presenters are quite dire tried Absolute Rock find it ok but always seem to gravitate back to PR.Have to agree sometimes the playlist is quite boring and limited to the same tracks at certain times.

I miss Rick Wakeman  as well

I couldn't agree more...with the 'coat please'.

Suprised your tuner isn't locked on Radio 2.

M&M try google its a wonderful tool.

Radio 2 has it's moments, 22.00hrs Saturday, that's about all.  The 'coat please' was in reference to the BS comment. Although I don't like the track in question it's impossible to deny their longevity.  By the way where is  M & M? I do know how it's spelled by the way.

Archived