Class 37 Photos...

1 hour ago, russ p said:

At least something survived from this picture is 6757. The building in the background with the water tank on the roof was the shedmasters office 

Another fantastic picture 

We kept well clear of the shedmaster's office when we bunked the shed. After coming under the bridge at the entrance to the shed we immediately climbed up the small wall on the left and went along by the side of the roundhouse. I remember that all the class 08 could be found near the office as well

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, The Border Reiver said:

We kept well clear of the shedmaster's office when we bunked the shed. After coming under the bridge at the entrance to the shed we immediately climbed up the small wall on the left and went along by the side of the roundhouse. I remember that all the class 08 could be found near the office as well

1 and 2 roads were normally where the 08s hung out and for repairs 2 and 3.

As a traction inspector there in the early 90s our office was on the ground floor to the left.

As the 08s were seldom shut down in the summer months with the windows open used to drive me nuts with whining belts and rattling engine room doors. 

And if any 20s were present... Chinese water torture! 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, 37038 said:

Even that picture is historic now - the ROG writing is different and it has cast 'Deltic' bogies!

Prior to that photo - it didn't have the extra socket on the nose end.

The ROG branding was altered so a nameplate could be fitted.

And there's now a bracket on the front above the coupler to aid fitting of the drophead Dellner.

But as you say - a historic photo of that loco at that particular point in time.

Amother minefield for those modelling the near recent to current era.............

Keep 'em coming!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, russ p said:

At least something survived from this picture is 6757. The building in the background with the water tank on the roof was the shedmasters office 

Another fantastic picture 

And for the next few days /weeks it looks like it does in the picture butit is now stopped for a repaint though.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 37114 said:

And for the next few days /weeks it looks like it does in the picture butit is now stopped for a repaint though.

about time too, it’s starting to look really scabby now with bits of body filler falling off, it was very nice when colas first got it, this was the first time I drove it....

47AB040B-3C6B-42F1-9410-191DF535A98B.jpeg.caeb843c59a46a11bfc9a902ed24d523.jpeg

it’s a horrible loco to try and photograph at night in it’s current guise, this was the last time I drove it a few weeks back in fenchurch St

E3ED51D1-4FEC-4F3E-BB11-3B2159B61DCD.jpeg.fc3353b15b67d7e18a7e5c55708d4298.jpeg

• Like 16

Got to agree Jim, nice as it is to have a "retro tractor" on the main line, the paint looked really rough up close last time it was in the yard, as you say filler missing, paint peeled in places. Definitely ready for some TLC. Don't know if you've seen 37240 freshly painted in Transrail livery by Boden's, which is on the come back trail for Colas.

Jo

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, big jim said:

about time too, it’s starting to look really scabby now with bits of body filler falling off, it was very nice when colas first got it, this was the first time I drove it....

These two pictures of 37057 were taken at Barrow Hill 2014 & 15...

In primer

Barrow_Hill_190714(1).JPG.a1218c738f771bc310b2a3b40f7b58e5.JPG

Just after painting and the staff were fitting the cabs out with rubber matting

Barrow_Hill_-_010815_(1).JPG.97e48a687d66665052c35c0de08349da.JPG

Jim

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

That's a fantastic picture,  did locos tend to hang on to their brake tenders rather than leaving them somewhere.  I hadn't realised they were so common  at thornaby 

• RMweb Gold

In never realised the area to the north of the shed was used so much by diesel locos. 

The shed was extended over about the first five or six roads in steel and cladding and was used for C and W repairs but from about 84 until 89 ish units were stabled in there overnight and weekends. 

It was a right pain taking all the wagons out every afternoon and refilling them in the morning. 

The wagons were put where the shed is at the extreme left of the picture which were the ash pits. 

These roads were known as the ash pits until the end even though the shed and the pits had long gone 

Very interesting photo,  thanks for sharing