Mid Essex MRC 2013 Exhibition

Deltic

The Mid Essex Model Railway Club are holding their 36th Annual Model Railway Exhibition on Saturday 21st September 2013, at Shenfield High School, Oliver Road, Shenfield, Essex CM15 8RY. Opening times for the Public are 10:00am till 5:00pm - with a FREE bus shuttle planned to and from Shenfield railway station. Admission charges: Adults £5, Senior Citizens (65 & over) £4, Children £3.

Layouts confirmed 

Rowlands Castle 00 Peter Goss,  Kaprun H0e John Atkinson (as in Continental Modeller),  Port Elkin 12mm Isle of Man steam Roger Elkin,

Bankfield Road 0 Jackie & John Kneeshaw,  Warren Lane (now extended) 00 DCC modern image Alan Bevan & Maggie Clark,    Great Hardware # N Dave Arnold, Canons Lane Scrapyard EM modern image Dave Tailby,  Shelfe Street # 00 modern image Stu Davies#  Odstock # 00 modern image/steam Roger Hobson, Bad Feriendorf Z Ann Silby,  Unserstadt N Brian Silby,  Sankley P4 Mike Webber,  Buda # N Paul Evans,   Fisherrrow Yard 0 Ian Futers,  Wheels Mill 0 16.5 Tony Clay,

The Convertible Line # 00 Colin Whitelock,   Nene Quays Wisbech EM modern image Andrew Smith,   Arlingham # EM Colin Wilson,  Mid Shires Light Railway 009 Alan Pittard,   Brisbane Road # 00 modern image Clive Mortimore,   St. Minions EM modern Image Chris Stapleton, Soggy Bottom Mining Co 0n30/18 Noel Davies.

# new layout

Trade Support confirmed
AGL Associates,  Anglian Gauge 1, Bill Bourne (Railway Roundabout), Bob Pearman Books, Coastal DCC, John Dutfield Model Railways, Kitmaster Collectors Club, Make Your Mark models, Modellers Mate, Phoenix Precision Paints, Plus Daughters, Street Level Models, The Railway Photoman.
with further stands from
Abellio, Club’s Previously Enjoyed stand, EMGS, Holden F5 Steam Locomotive Trust, demonstrations, Refreshments, RCTS, Tombola.

• RMweb Premium

Brisbane Road # 00 modern image Clive Mortimore

A slight correction to my friend Ken's listing. Brisbane Road is a steam aged diesel depot :mosking:

Please do pop along looks like it will be another cracking show again this year...pity I will not see too much of it as I will be operating my layout.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Distinquished of Market Haribo

I have just had a thought, what are you and Lord Stu of Lapford going to do when nature calls if I am driving me own layout? Niether of you will be able to say whilst I am stood there admiring your respective layouts "Can you take over for a few minutes, I am busting" and then disappear for 2 hours. :O

• 3 weeks later...

I have just had a thought, what are you and Lord Stu of Lapford going to do when nature calls if I am driving me own layout? Niether of you will be able to say whilst I am stood there admiring your respective layouts "Can you take over for a few minutes, I am busting" and then disappear for 2 hours. :O

Ah,  that was due to their need to look around the other layouts and make purchases from the delightful and friendly traders.

A slight correction to my friend Ken's listing. Brisbane Road is a steam aged diesel depot :mosking:

Please do pop along looks like it will be another cracking show again this year...pity I will not see too much of it as I will be operating my layout.

We always try and get a selection of diverse layouts, both established and new on the exhibition circuit. But we realise that we cannot please all that come through the door, as we cannot fit in all we would like to exhibit against a finite budget.

what are you and Lord Stu of Lapford going to do when nature calls

Hoping to con a well known face or two to make the trip over the river to assist. Failing that we'll shanghai someone from the assembled throng.

Stu

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Brisbane Road fits into the car :yahoo: that means it can go to the exhibition at Shenfield on Saturday.

It is going as a layout under construction, so if you want to know how I build things Saturday is the day to ask me. If not then just come and have a butchers and say hello.

• RMweb Premium

I'll be there and will be quite happy to take over while you have a 'comfort' break. :senile:

• RMweb Premium

Great show as always, but access as stated above was difficult because of roadworks (Impossible from Shenfield itself) the only viable route was from the A12. Had a great time when I got there, won no less than 5 prizes on the tombola :boast: spent a fair amount of cash at various traders and the club sales.

A good show (even though sadly without Brisbane Rd):

Warren Lane - though this was taken because they had a box from my first company, ACT(A) , and doesn't show what Tase was looking for..

post-80-0-24496400-1379791276.jpg

Arlington:

post-80-0-71651600-1379791349.jpg

Rowland's Castle

post-80-0-83487000-1379791378.jpg

Port Elken (IoM OOn3)

post-80-0-02787300-1379791408.jpg

St Minnions

post-80-0-34288800-1379791463.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Nice shot of Canons Lane sb67. Must have been when Mr Wide was in charge of things.........far too many wagons on display!!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Hi Disobedient of Merkat Hardbro

There's two engines on the layout...couldn't be you driving as you normally have enough problems with one. So I have been informed

Archived