The power unit end of autoballaster?

Looks a it like the one in the latest pictures in the Amiens Street thread.

Wally

Wally

WallyThe power unit end of autoballaster?

Wally

Thanks Wally, that sounds (and looks) like a feasible hypothesis; haven't thought of that. I'll delete this thread now that I have the answer.

I found a pic way down towards the bottom of this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/nirphotos/6283228981/

and it shows a Geismar machine  ( just the end) parked next to an 80 class. I would assume its a generator type job on a wagon for the PWD but i have seen a pic showing the complete wagon some where and i am damned if i can find it . I am sure Chris playfair will put this to bed at some stage.

Regards G.

Hello,

Was looking at a smug mug thing and found this:

http://chrisplayfair.smugmug.com/Travel/2013-Photos/Ap13/28739913_VVj3Vm/2460806714_H5JrNwh#!i=2460806714&k=H5JrNwh&lb=1&s=XL

The thing on the road to the photographers left. Is it just me, or does it look like some kind of shunter thing? I'm rather familiar with all of NIR's and IÉ's stock, so this has stumped me. I've never seen or heard of it in my life.

It will probably end up being part of the 3000 beside it but...

What is it?

Who owns it?

When was it built?

What does it want?

The vehicle on the left is a Donelli Water Tank Trailer, mfd in 2001.

It is hauled around the NIR system during the autum/winter months by VMT850GR and is used for washing the rails of muck and grease.

The photo below shows it attached to NIR558 VMT850GR back in 2004

9136799894_c173a33bd9_z.jpg

NIR558 Donelli VMT850GR by K9-70, on Flickr

The vehicle on the left is a Donelli Water Tank Trailer, mfd in 2001.It is hauled around the NIR system during the autum/winter months by VMT850GR and is used for washing the rails of muck and grease.The photo below shows it attached to NIR558 VMT850GR back in 2004 9136799894_c173a33bd9_z.jpgNIR558 Donelli VMT850GR by K9-70, on Flickr

That explains it then, thanks. I knew of the Geismar, but I didn't know that it had a trailer thing. Would love to film it if I go out to film the sandite!

Archived