Welsh pony finally gets the go ahead

sir douglas

Welsh Pony certainly had a tender of her own tender until recently, was last seen painted blue. It was pretty far gone when I last saw it and that was some time before the blue paint....(Quite possibly when still in the car park!) 

Welsh Pony certainly had a tender of her own tender until recently, was last seen painted blue. It was pretty far gone when I last saw it and that was some time before the blue paint....(Quite possibly when still in the car park!) 

I think that tender was restored and given to Princess, wasn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Welsh Pony will have its first steaming in eighty years on Saturday. There will be 3 broadcasts of the F&WHR social media. They will be at:

• 10.00 - The lighting-up.
  • 13.00 - The first whistle.
  • 16.00 - 'Welsh Pony' will hopefully move under her own steam.

More info:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

Welsh Pony will have its first steaming in eighty years on Saturday. There will be 3 broadcasts of the F&WHR social media. They will be at:

• 10.00 - The lighting-up.
  • 13.00 - The first whistle.
  • 16.00 - 'Welsh Pony' will hopefully move under her own steam.

More info:

Please click "see more" and note that last line, Boston Lodge will not be accessible and there are different restrictions on travel etc. operating in Wales. There is no visitor accomodation open and a 5 mile radius from home travel restriction FOR EVERY ONE IN THE PRINCIPALITY including us local to the area,  Effectively Wales is shut for at least another 14 days and it IS being policed and you WILL be fined. It sounds harsh but it is a fact and should be borne in mind.

Edited by Phil Traxson
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing "Welsh Pony" next week with a bit of luck, barring any further catastrophes.  Been looking forward to seeing "Welsh Pony" back in traffic since climbing all over the loco in the early 90's on that plinth at Harbour :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Garraway Green,   

Alan Garraway considered Welsh Pony unfinished business, it was always next in line for restoration but was overtaken by the arrival of Linda, Blanche and Mountaineer and the growth in traffic led to it being put aside.   The first donation to the restoration appeal came from Alan so it's going into 1950s/60s green as he would have outshopped it in the 60s.

Martin

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...