Class 66 photos

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, GWRPhil said:

Recorded this in June of last year just found in my archive. Thought I’d post it

Looks overdue a visit from the weedkiller.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, newbryford said:

There are some advantages to WFH.

This is the view from my temporary office.

66721 6V84 Clitheroe-Avonmouth loaded cement.

1468348023_667216V84.jpg.301a8958905af8e4bbe0bca7e88f6b9b.jpg

finally finished the garden then! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, big jim said:

finally finished the garden then! 

Apart from a fence on the mid-lower section

I may have modelling materials for a few weeks lockdown, but not fencing supplies.......

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

My government authorised one form of exercise today turned up this......

parkandillack to Exeter riverside being pulled by 66100

Edited by GWRPhil
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium
On 25/03/2020 at 15:35, RusselBridge2017 said:

As part of my daily government approved constitutional today caught this, Clitheroe to Avonmouth

P1020144.JPG

Saw the train past my house the day before - I reckon the PCA is a very recent tag. I didn't notice it on Monday.

Same set passed me earlier today and is currently in Clitheroe Cement works.

If I can drag myself out of bed, I'll try and get a nice side on pic of it to copy on a model.

My exercise will be to open the back door and stand in the middle of my lawn weed patch.

No need to make an unnecessary journey.......................

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, newbryford said:

Saw the train past my house the day before - I reckon the PCA is a very recent tag. I didn't notice it on Monday.

If I can drag myself out of bed, I'll try and get a nice side on pic of it to copy on a model.

My exercise will be to open the back door and stand in the middle of my lawn weed patch.

Cheers,

Mick

As soon as I saw that one I screen shot it with the promise of having it as another tagged one. Great minds etc.

8 hours ago, newbryford said:

Cheers,

Mick

The same rake was on a UTube of Bristol area this week and the other side of the last wagon has some more new graffitti, hope the taggers are practicing social distancing, LOL.

You know we will get in trouble here talking about this form of vandalism, for me it is just modelling research.

I will post a pic on my Cadoxton Quay thread of current work in progress vandalism in 4mm

I took my daily walk from home to this location, half a mile away, at Newsham, Northumberland ,to catch DB 66149 working 6C14  14:34 North Blyth - Tees Yard loaded coal.

With coal trains rumoured to be ceasing at the end of this month on the Blyth & Tyne ,ending over a century of such workings, could this be the last ever working?   Time will tell.

66149 at Newsham 001.JPG

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Noticed on RTT the Daventry - Purfleet was running today, so daily allowance was a power-walk up to CMK into the wind and catch this pass by...

IMG_3562.JPG.58d6f7907f52ba81fee01d0578a6aaa8.JPG

Was expecting it to be DRS, but it passed 53 late (did someone forget the clocks went forward?) on the fast, because I believe Big Jim of this parish may have been involved in something that meant the Northampton line was closed today. Checking RTT later, and it passed Bletchley 23 early because it didn't get looped.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

66108 is one of the five on long term hire from DB to DRS. Wonder if they'll get repaints in due course? Notable that none of the five are red ones

Jo

I have been reliably informed that all five will be repainted during 2020. The initial plan was to wait until the RHTT season finished in 2019, which to me suggested that repainting would start in early 2020. But this was a few weeks ago before the pandemic started and with rail been in demand at the moment these plans may have changed slightly. If I am given any further information I will post on here. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

66745* and 66776 have gone in store at Tyne Dock due to the downturn in traffic with the on-going virus issues.

Although 745 is out today !

Edited by beast66606
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I believe there are a few going into store while Covid-19 lockdown is happening 

the ones that are running are very quickly getting a deep clean and disinfect of the cabs to keep us all safe! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

15 hours ago, big jim said:

the ones that are running are very quickly getting a deep clean and disinfect of the cabs to keep us all safe! 

I reckon the things already living in most 66 cabs would've given Covid a good fight anyway! :D

Edited by 101
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

A recent handful to keep this up to date

49666604761_0e522f4442_h.jpgLow geared liner by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

Freightlner's 66/6s don't often get onto 75 mph class 4 services, but in the last couple of months at least two have worked 4O57 Wentloog - Southampton, the second I have seen being 66610, here passing Newton St Loe. Presumably this gets locos off the Mendip and Tarmac aggregate circuits down to Hampshire for maintenance, or onward movement to another location for work.

49666604636_919406c141_h.jpgBlue sky bins by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

It was rude not to pop out for an hour with the nice spring weather today. First up, it's 66207 in full EWS colours at the head of 6C03 Northolt - Severnside bins, seen alongside the A4 Bath Road between Netwton St Loe and Saltford. A nice mix of the blue and yellow boxes today too.

49702208393_39eee5b6d1_h.jpgOne loco, one wagon by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

66598 passes Undy with a single JGA in tow on 6Z48 Stoke Gifford - East Usk. There looks to be the remains of a green card on the wagon, so this is presumably a wagon off maintenance being taken to Newport to be added to a set and back onto the Tarmac circuit.

49701154196_25b08ea58d_h.jpgStill busy by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

After a couple of hours shunting 66035 'Resourceful' sits in Westbury Up Yard atop five loaded autoballasters. Despite the general lull in the economy due to the all encompassing COVID-19 coronavirus and contrary to pictures of yards elsewhere in the country, rail freight in this neck of the woods is as busy as ever. Mendips seem to still be running most if not all their services and the Network Rail trippers are loading well. Taking it one day at a time, as each announcement from Boris and Co. seems to deliver further shut down and restrictions.

49722376872_fb2e57e1c8_h.jpgAll mapped out by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

Named after the designer of the iconic Tube map that covers the loco's bodywork, 66721 'Harry Beck' is seen from the bridleway between Coalpit Heath and Westerleigh working 6V84 Clitheroe - Avonmouth Hanson Cement. Whilst the site fencing looks untidy, it is a reminder of the work undertaken here to repair the bank that has opened this shot up. A year ago there were a lot more bushes!

49705713036_96887a5d28_h.jpgRed lights at night, signalman's delight by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

Signalman is happy because no one is asking for a shunt! All quiet at Westbury as the sun sets, W704 is at danger and 66097 is tucked up for the night. With the lack of aircraft flying due to the coronavirus restrictions, the sky is lovely and clear.

Jo

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Steadfast said:

A recent handful to keep this up to date

49666604761_0e522f4442_h.jpgLow geared liner by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

Freightlner's 66/6s don't often get onto 75 mph class 4 services, but in the last couple of months at least two have worked 4O57 Wentloog - Southampton, the second I have seen being 66610, here passing Newton St Loe. Presumably this gets locos off the Mendip and Tarmac aggregate circuits down to Hampshire for maintenance, or onward movement to another location for work.

49666604636_919406c141_h.jpgBlue sky bins by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

It was rude not to pop out for an hour with the nice spring weather today. First up, it's 66207 in full EWS colours at the head of 6C03 Northolt - Severnside bins, seen alongside the A4 Bath Road between Netwton St Loe and Saltford. A nice mix of the blue and yellow boxes today too.

49702208393_39eee5b6d1_h.jpgOne loco, one wagon by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

66598 passes Undy with a single JGA in tow on 6Z48 Stoke Gifford - East Usk. There looks to be the remains of a green card on the wagon, so this is presumably a wagon off maintenance being taken to Newport to be added to a set and back onto the Tarmac circuit.

49701154196_25b08ea58d_h.jpgStill busy by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

After a couple of hours shunting 66035 'Resourceful' sits in Westbury Up Yard atop five loaded autoballasters. Despite the general lull in the economy due to the all encompassing COVID-19 coronavirus and contrary to pictures of yards elsewhere in the country, rail freight in this neck of the woods is as busy as ever. Mendips seem to still be running most if not all their services and the Network Rail trippers are loading well. Taking it one day at a time, as each announcement from Boris and Co. seems to deliver further shut down and restrictions.

49722376872_fb2e57e1c8_h.jpgAll mapped out by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

Named after the designer of the iconic Tube map that covers the loco's bodywork, 66721 'Harry Beck' is seen from the bridleway between Coalpit Heath and Westerleigh working 6V84 Clitheroe - Avonmouth Hanson Cement. Whilst the site fencing looks untidy, it is a reminder of the work undertaken here to repair the bank that has opened this shot up. A year ago there were a lot more bushes!

49705713036_96887a5d28_h.jpgRed lights at night, signalman's delight by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

Signalman is happy because no one is asking for a shunt! All quiet at Westbury as the sun sets, W704 is at danger and 66097 is tucked up for the night. With the lack of aircraft flying due to the coronavirus restrictions, the sky is lovely and clear.

Jo

Great set of pictures there Jo...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/03/2020 at 15:26, Alcanman said:

I took my daily walk from home to this location, half a mile away, at Newsham, Northumberland ,to catch DB 66149 working 6C14  14:34 North Blyth - Tees Yard loaded coal.

With coal trains rumoured to be ceasing at the end of this month on the Blyth & Tyne ,ending over a century of such workings, could this be the last ever working?   Time will tell.

Well it looks like the North Blyth - Tees Yard coal  has had a stay of execution.  DB 66149 again providing power on Monday 30th March.

This morning DB 66117 is at Newsham with the Tees Yard - North Blyth coal empties.

DB_66117_at_Newsham_1.4_20.JPG

• Like 13