Class 66 photos

20 hours ago, vulcan product fan said:

66721 at Chesterfield today on its way south.

20211213_112237.jpg.ced5056ff3e9e3619f02f9e52f4a3ea3.jpg

Whenever I see this one I go through:

1. Is it dirty
  2. Is it covered in rust
  3. Is it actually meant to look like that

Whilst it is great to see lots of different liveries on 66s, they need to consider what happens when seen from a distance and when it gets dirty.

On 11/11/2021 at 23:34, Peter Kazmierczak said:

A little earlier at Westbury, DBS 66150 was pottering around too. Not sure what the bodyside lettering is all about though.

P1250525 (2).JPG

On 12/11/2021 at 00:44, YesTor said:

It's one of a couple of DB 66s that are being trialled running on Hydro-treated Vegetable Oil (HVO). 

Al

Everybody knows hydrogenated oil is bad for your pipes, how long before it comes a cropper on a train.

Hopefully they also have it on statins to lower it's cholesterol

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Whenever I see this one I go through:

1. Is it dirty
  2. Is it covered in rust
  3. Is it actually meant to look like that

Whilst it is great to see lots of different liveries on 66s, they need to consider what happens when seen from a distance and when it gets dirty.

66721 has seen a share of RHTT work this year. It has been worse. Flickr pic.

66721 | Wickford | 9th October 2021

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

I hadn't planned to be in Eastleigh this afternoon, but I couldn't pass through without nipping along to the station. A couple of 66s were stabled-up to enjoy.

P1260585 (2).JPG

I was planning to go over about 1300 hrs but a lack of enthusiasm intervened as I was about to join the M27.:fie:

On 15/12/2021 at 10:36, Peter Kazmierczak said:

No idea who the enthusiast is, but he seems interested in 66148 leaving Westbury yesterday with stone for Cricklewood.

P1260352 (2).JPG

I'm in that shot, nicely hidden from view behind the wagons ;-)

A day later, and 148 is back in the yard. Linked from my Flickr:

Portrait of a Maritime box mover

66148 'Maritime Intermodal Seven' sits in the New Sidings at Westbury after a day's work. With the shortest day not far away, day quickly became dusk and shifted towards night time, the sunset behind the clouds tinting them purple. The yard lighting picks out the autumn colours still on the trees in winter, further adding to the odd look. Five minutes later, the Eastleigh tripper had arrived and been stabled and it was dark all around.

Jo

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Steadfast, I might have you on another shot. Were you one of a group of staff standing in the Up Yard after 59103 brought the wagons up from Whatley?

Yep, white hat, think I was wearing my retro dust coat. Cut the 59 off, sent it back to Whatley, hooked the 66 on then to the back for a brake test. 66148 arrived from Eastleigh roughly the same time that 6Z20 arrived from Whatley.

Jo

• 2 weeks later...