Anyone Know Anyone at Coopercraft?

M.I.B

So, do I go through all the hassle of a chargeback just to recover £12.50? My receipt says that I am order number 700. 700 x 12.50 = £8750, no emigration to Rio on that sort of money, but a useful bit on income nonetheless.

I don't feel quite as bad now my order was number 753 which is still showing as pending. Havn't heard back from the bank yet.I am beginning to wonder though whether Coopercraft is insolvent. Hope not but with no communications you just don't know.

• RMweb Gold

Of course he might be busy supplying folk with Mk 1 coach chassis for the 'Hatchet' job... joking aside this is on the front page of the website:

"Due to some of the Cooper Craft, Mailcoach & Kirk been out of stock due to a problem with my machine it will be best for you to place your order but not pay for it at the time and I can let you know when back in stock before you pay for it.

The Blacksmith 4mm kits will be coming onto this site soon as they are part of the Cooper Craft range now.

Our full current and up to date catalogue is here online and can be browsed. Should you wish to do so, it is also possible to buy online over our secure server all items from our catalogue, using credit/debit cards.  For international orders, at checkout your order will be sent to us; we will quote on postage/shipping and update the order before payment is taken.  
We hope everyone likes our site, if anyone has any comments, please get in touch as we'd be pleased to listen."

My italics.

Make of that what you will.

My receipt says that I am order number 700. 700 x 12.50 = £8750, no emigration to Rio on that sort of money, but a useful bit on income nonetheless.

You forgot to deduct costs (as people often do) but if you think even £8750 is enough to make out of a business venture and to live off then perhaps you could enlighten us.

I suspect he does more business than just 700 sales as each time I passed the stand at Scaleforum he seemed to be dealing with a customer with cash and goods in hand. (ie too busy to talk about some attack topic on RMWeb). There seemed to be a reasonable number of kits on the stand and buyers happy to purchase them.

I still think that this is a technology issue and the website/email/shop either not functioning correctly or operator not engaging/understanding/overwhelmed with the technology. I cannot believe in anything being malicious.

Guest maxthemapman

You forgot to deduct costs (as people often do) but if you think even £8750 is enough to make out of a business venture and to live off then perhaps you could enlighten us.

I suspect he does more business than just 700 sales as each time I passed the stand at Scaleforum he seemed to be dealing with a customer with cash and goods in hand. (ie too busy to talk about some attack topic on RMWeb). There seemed to be a reasonable number of kits on the stand and buyers happy to purchase them.

I still think that this is a technology issue and the website/email/shop either not functioning correctly or operator not engaging/understanding/overwhelmed with the technology. I cannot believe in anything being malicious.

You misunderstand me. As a person who has effectively seen his money disappear, I have no evidence that any costs have been incurred in an attempt to fulfil this or any other order, hence is no evidence for any costs other than the web hosting and the monthly merchant fee.

Take it from me, in turns of turnover, I probably do as much business as this guy on the internet, the technology is not rocket science, and keeping customers informed and happy is not difficult. He should spend less time swanning round exhibitions and more time addressing his fundamental weaknesses.

Paul Dunn (Coopercraft's owner) called me tonight to discuss the issue.

The fundamental problem relates to the website and emails with connectivity issues at Paul's end, discussing the nature of the problem with him tonight it's possible that some items ordered have not triggered the notifications to Paul to despatch them

If you're not getting a reply to emails it's likely they're trapped in this black hole so Paul has offered his private email address of paulfd1962@hotmail.co.uk as an alternative if you're struggling to get contact to chase up an order.

Paul advises the best time to contact him is between 2.00pm and 4.00pm on (+44) 01823 461961

If all else fails there's the post:

Cooper Craft,
Broom Lane,
Oake
Taunton,

TA4 1BE
United Kingdom

Paul has had machinery problems which means certain items may be out of stock so the advice is to contact him before ordering to check items are in stock. As he states on the website (he's got some admin area access but not all areas are working as they should):

Due to some of the Cooper Craft, Mailcoach, Kirk & Slater's have been out of stock due to a problem with my machine, it will be best for you to place your order but not pay for it at that time. I can let you know when back in stock before you pay for it.

Hope this assists those who need it. Paul is keen to resolve any outstanding orders to satisfaction so please bear with him and if there are any problems please drop me a PM so I can hopefully assist.

I'll be sorting Paul some form of interim access to RMweb tomorrow so hopefully that'll help too.

I've had a PM from one of our members unsatisfied that he's still not got any responses to the Paul's private email address so I'll publicly urge Paul to communicate via RMweb to help his customers.

• 3 weeks later...

I continue to receive regular and several emails/PM from people who continue to be disappointed that they cannot obtain responses and obviously I've tried to help and, as above, give public nudges.

I see there's an update in this topic - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/66297-news-from-cooper-craftblacksmithslaterskirk-lnermailcoach-kits/?p=1202680

Archived