Coaching stock around Elgin/Lossiemouth 1960-65

Oldfield_Park

Morning all,

As a little mini-project, due to the fact that a new home has resulted in a big clear out and slightly reduced space, I'm thinking of modelling a little something around the north coast of Morayshire. 

1959-69 is the planned time period, but I'm struggling a bit with ideas of coaching stock for the earlier years of this period. I know that ex-LMS stock was quite commonplace, but there also seem to be smatterings of ex-LNER stock lurking around prior to the big influx of Mk1s around '63 and '64.

I wonder if anybody could confirm this and, if so, which types were used? I do have a few Gresley/Thompson subs as provided by Hornby, and the opportunity to use a couple behind a 2P or a NBL diesel appeals somewhat!

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Many thanks.

From the handful of photos I have turned up so far, you would be safe with ex LMS Staniers, the Gresley/Thompson suburbans and a few Mk1s.

I will keep going through my books but your original thoughts seem to be spot on.

Jim

Thanks both. :)

A bit of a work in progress at the moment but something like this that makes use of a lot of my existing items that ran around the area (the subs, Standard 4 tank, Fairburn tank, Black 5 etc), appeals somewhat, especially once one of NB's 'finest' appears from Dapol!

Archived