The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those interested in old cars.

DDolfelin

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

Well, it takes all sorts..!

I think the headlamp rims are from a Wolseley or Riley 1.5, there's a slight 'peak' at the top on some of these and when fitted to Minis the top of the wing is reprofiled by hand to match them. Not keen on them myself but I do like the car itself. Boy would I love a proper Radford Mini...

Agree, looks like a 1.5 bezel.

Radford was lovely, great interior trim also.......and wind up windows long before Leyland did it, my last Cooper S had them but that was seven years later than that Radford.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, steve1 said:

Were there any Saabs?

steve

No, I didn't see any SAABs.  There were some SAABs (99 and 96 models) participating but they probably started from a different point.  I also noticed some mad, brave fool entered a Citroen SM (didn't see that one either).

• Like 1

No photos alas as I was driving 4L89 at the time, but for a few days this week there's been a rather lovely Rolls Royce Silver Shadow parked up behind the up slow platform at Leighton Buzzard. Couldn't see the reg' number but the two tone 'silver over dark green' paintjob looked fantastic.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

Just been sent this cracking photo of Monkee Mike Nesmith picking up his new Radford Cooper S in July '67, the location was a hotel close to Heathrow Airport...

MONKEE RADFORD Mike-Nesmith-Wife-Phyllis-19673-Jul-1967.jpg

Loving the bullet mirrors, I have those on the Mog.

• Like 3

On 06/02/2019 at 19:49, New Haven Neil said:

Wot're you lot going to do with your EU plates by the way? ;):laugh_mini:

Insert them in Donald Tusk's rear end?

Sorry if that's getting too political... if it helps, I'd gladly insert them into pretty much any politician, of any party, these days.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Really pleased with myself today as I replaced the thermostat on the cooper, I’m not mechanically minded at all so was chuffed with myself that I managed it with no bits left over!

also cleared the airlock and while I had the airbox off to do the thermostat I took the K&N induction kit off the convertible and put it on the cooper S, sounds nice combined with the supercharger!

getting it in next week for the new brakes to be fitted, quoted £100 labour to fit discs and pads all round which is gonna be a worthwhile spend to be done properly in a matter of hours rather than me make a mess of it and take days!

883A829D-5999-4058-B7F9-E5C311041589.jpg

looking forward to getting it out on the road now! 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:43, boxbrownie said:

All ready for the Airfrieght terminal.........I wonder if it survived over the pond?

This is the only photo I can find of it in the states, looks like it was taken at Burbank Studios in California in '67 or early '68... rumour has it that it was stolen and torched not long afterwards...

MONKEES RADDIE 1967.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4