The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those interested in old cars.

DDolfelin

The irony is that despite appearing on stage with a drink in his hand, Deano usually had Coca Cola or tonic water in his glass rather than anything likely to make him fall over...!

Thread drift is allowed, things usually return to the topic in hand, eventually.....! Some rather nice images from the Iso stable back in the day.....

ISO FACTORY Varedo Giotto Bizzarrini & SM Piero Sala.jpg

ISO BIZZA.jpg

ISO BIZZARRINI STRADA 5300GT.jpg

ISO MS 1968 CH.226D.jpg

ISO MS#1.jpg

ISO TOTTY.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

if I could afford one like that as a bit of spare, what would the main event be like? 

But don’t forget the spare is almost always unused so keeps better......:lol:

• Funny 3

54 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

But don’t forget the spare is almost always unused so keeps better......:lol:

Surely best taken for a test, to check it's serviceability from time to time.

Julian

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Surely best taken for a test, to check it's serviceability from time to time.

Julian

Very true, best to keep’em pumped up and get the oil hot occasionally :blush:

• Funny 4

Another random Italian jobbie.... just sorting through some files and came across this beauty, sheer eye candy of a certain persuasion that (for me) always hits the right spot - a1961 Maserati Tipo 63 Birdcage Serenissima....

1961 TIPO 63 BIRDCAGE SERENISSIMA.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Look at the way he's parked it right up against the line, it's unlikely anyone would try to park in that space alongside him unless they are in a small car... Now if I had an old Landie i'd stick it as close as I could too him! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hobby said:

Look at the way he's parked it right up against the line, it's unlikely anyone would try to park in that space alongside him unless they are in a small car... Now if I had an old Landie i'd stick it as close as I could too him! 

Maybe there was a car parked like that in the next bay  when he pulled in, forcing him to park over to one side.

That has happened to me, and when I have returned to my car, the other one has moved on, ensuring that I look like a pratt that can not park.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

At my local Tesco's the very end bays are about a foot wider. Between the opposite end bays is a lamp post standing out about 2 feet which means going in or out of the end bays means manoeuvring around the lamp post. So if I use one of the end bays I park at an angle so that I can easily get round the lamp post. I have never had a problem with people parking to close when I use those bays.:D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hobby said:

I parked my 407SW like that. Mine was just bad parking :D

steve

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

One of the highlights to me of visiting Venice is seeing lots of beautiful launches like that. But if I had to choose between the two, it would have to be the Maserati. What a truly stunning looker of a car!

The Dutch, as a nation, seem to be very into classic cars.

• Like 5