Tooting Bec inspired cake

For my Wife's 40th, I decided to commission a birthday cake from someone at work who makes them in his spare time and is always interested in a new challenge. As a surprise we decided on one of her favourite designs, the Holden stations at the southern end of the Northern Line. I supplied Dave with just a couple of photos of Tooting Bec, and he did the rest.

post-6819-0-88901300-1372945784_thumb.jpg

post-6819-0-34088000-1372945824_thumb.jpg

post-6819-0-17355900-1372945860_thumb.jpg

I hope it tastes as good as it looks.

Had to say, 'that really takes the biscuit'!

I remember buying a coffee maker for my wife on her 40th (long time ago). It was heavily rejected in spite of my plea that it made 20 cups! 

I hope your wife shares an enthusiasm for LU and Tooting!

I hope your wife shares an enthusiasm for LU and Tooting!

She does. I must add that it's not my influence, but Underground Architecture is a bit of a hobby. Modellers who come ot the house wonder why the bookcases in the lounge are full of Underground books , and are even more befuddled when I say they aren't mine...

She's also just recieved "Tiles of the Unexpected" by Douglas Rose, "Underground Heritage" by Antony Badsey-Ellis, and " London Underground by Design", by Mark Ovendon.

She does. I must add that it's not my influence, but Underground Architecture is a bit of a hobby. Modellers who come ot the house wonder why the bookcases in the lounge are full of Underground books , and are even more befuddled when I say they aren't mine...

She's also just recieved "Tiles of the Unexpected" by Douglas Rose, "Underground Heritage" by Antony Badsey-Ellis, and " London Underground by Design", by Mark Ovendon.

Living in the far west of Wales I am well used to visitors drawing a breath when they see a 1960s LU layout, so I know how you feel when visitors come. At least, though, you will not get the quip along the lines of 'so, do you run the trains under the floorboards?'!

Archived