New Engine sheds from Scalescenes out 9th July.

• RMweb Gold

Heads up everyone,

John has just put up some pictures of the new redesigned engine sheds.

They look stunning!!

post-6745-0-55723700-1373035116_thumb.jpg

post-6745-0-19155200-1373035119_thumb.jpg

More pictures can be seen on the facebook page link below:-

http://www.facebook.com/scalescenes/photos_stream

The diesel engine shed is going to be updated it is on John's to do list, if it's anything like these sheds it's some improvement!!

Where will it all end.

Cheers

Ian

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hope folks may be interested in what can be done with the gable shed by the addition of offices and small workshops.

post-16241-0-23116200-1420490020_thumb.jpg

post-16241-0-46510500-1420490043_thumb.jpg

post-16241-0-74111500-1420490066_thumb.jpg

The water tank came from an old Metcalf shed kit and will be replaced if I can find something better. For more see my layout thread below.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

That's lovely, Jonathan.  Are the sand house and offices along the side of the shed a kit or scratch-built?

Hi C&WR, the main shed itself is a modified Scalescenes' gable ended shed. The other buildings are scratch built. The sand house is one typical of the Midland Railway and is based on the one at Rowsley from "Through Limestone Hills" by Bill Hudson. Details of the build are in my thread on Derwent. Link in my signature. It starts at the bottom of page 10.

Fabulous, thanks very much.  I am limited on space at the moment so have been considering a plank or something to practise modelling skills on, and having spent ages at the GWS at Didcot in my youth am drawn to something like your build there.

Will peruse your thread!

• 1 year later...

Hope folks may be interested in what can be done with the gable shed by the addition of offices and small workshops.

attachicon.gifEngine shed 15.jpg

attachicon.gifEngine shed 16.jpg

attachicon.gifEngine shed 17.jpg

The water tank came from an old Metcalf shed kit and will be replaced if I can find something better. For more see my layout thread below.

We are building a engine shed scene on our OO gauge layout and this is based around the same Scalescenes engine shed that you have used.  I have been search for a model of a engine shed office and I stumbled on your brilliant office building.  Did you scratch build this or is a another kit.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave, the main shed is Scalescenes gable-ended shed but I roofed it with slates from the Scalescenes' texture range. It's yet to get its smoke ventilators. The accilary buildings attached to the shed are scratch-built using Scalescenes' texture sheets to match the shed. The sand-house is also scratched-built but I used an old Metcalfe kit as a basis for its size. A more detailed account of the build is on my layout thread (link in my signature) starting on page 10.

Archived