Hornby Magazine Live - Hartlepool - 13/14th July

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

I had a quick look and could not find an entry for this show next weekend, I am there with Fisherton Sarum and I know a few other layouts from this parish are amongst the 25 attending.

Venue:

Hartlepool College of Further Education, Stockton Street, Hartlepool TS24 7LB

Opening Times;

Saturday 13th July - 09.30 to 17.30

Sunday 14th July - 10.00 to 16.30

see the website here for more information

Confirmed Layouts

Rhyd-y-Clafdy (BR Western Region, OO - HM62)
Fisherton Sarum (Southern Railway, OO - HM22)
Loch Inch and Glen Gillie (BR Scottish Region, OO - HM71)
Aberdeen Kirkhill (BR Scottish Region, OO)
St Stephens Road (BR Western Region, OO - HM48)
Hospital Gates (industrial, O - HM58)
Thornbury Hill (BR Southern Region, OO - HM63)
Potterbourne (GWR, OO - HM38)
Clayhanger Yard (industrial, O - HM67-HM72)
Realtone (Post 2000 quarry scene, OO, HM73)
AC Lines (WCML, OO)
Alburne Park (Scotland, 1990s, OO)
Tywyn Wharf (OO9)
Green River Wyoming (N)
Rumbling Bridge (OO)
Mytham (N)
Lytton CPR (N)
Foxwood Park (OO/OO9)
Phoenix Fruit Express (HO)
Quai:87 (P87)
Penrhyn Bay (OO)
Port Pennan (EM)
Felton Lane (OO)
Halsham Dale (OO9) (NEW!)
Wynyard Junction (G scale) (NEW!)

Confirmed traders:
Hornby Magazine
Hornby Digital
Bachmann Europe Plc
Cheltenham Model Centre
Digitrains
Going Loco
Model Depot
D&E Videos & DC Kits
Peter's Spares Model Railway Ltd
Pooley's Puffers
Contikits
North Road Trains
The Model Tree Shop
Picture Pride
Model Roads and Tramways
Keith's Models
Nairnshire Modelling
Pete Goss Figures
Grimy Times
Durham Trains of Stanley
Finishing Touches
Black Cat Technology
Grosmont Books
K&M Models
Skytrex Model Railways
Footplate of Kidderminster

Confirmed demonstrators:
Paul Chetter - DCC sound clinic
Phil Parker - Parker's Guide
O Gauge Guild - rolling stock construction
Mike Fishwick - Weathering rolling stock

The O gauge guild demonstrators will be Peter Simmerson (Asenby St Peter) and Martin Smith (Marske). Peter usually demonstrates rolling stock construction, often scratchbuilding and Martin loco building.

Personally I've been waiting since last year for the 'apronarama'.

The Hornby website says parking is available, but given that according to streetview the college appears to have lost most of its parking to make way for a new building, where is the parking?  Is it free?  There's loads of street parking around the back buts it permit holders only.

It's a shame that Hartlepool only has 1 train per hour, otherwise i might have been tempted to go by train.

The Hornby website says parking is available, but given that according to streetview the college appears to have lost most of its parking to make way for a new building, where is the parking?  Is it free?  There's loads of street parking around the back buts it permit holders only.

It's a shame that Hartlepool only has 1 train per hour, otherwise i might have been tempted to go by train.

According to the paperwork I have received, it is pay & display parking in the college @ £1.50 for any length of stay.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Google is slightly out of date in that respect the new college buildings were built alongside the original ones that have now been demolished and a surface car park is now in their place. Last year the tarmac of this car park was only completed the Friday afternoon of the show. There is also a Multi story across the road as part of the shopping centre.

I look foward to seeing rmwebbers there, make sure you say hello!

Hi travelling by train from scotland. how far is venue from train station.

can anyone help. 

cheers joe

Hello, if you are travelling by train to Hartlepool Station all you need to do is to turn right towards the large church and once you have passed the church to turn left before you get to the dual carriageway. The college entrance should be straight ahead once you have turned left at M. Timlin's opticians.

• RMweb Gold

If there are flourescent thongs, can you please not operate in them on Sunday morning? I may be bringing one or other of my children.

I can assure you, Jonathan, that it will be a consistently family show throughout the weekend, although you may wish to warn your children about Brian's lederhosen..... :O

Oh, and a quick lesson in how to address a Baron (you'll have to ask him yourself!) might not come amiss, either - usually something like 'Oi, you, Your Grace!'... :lol:

I can assure you, Jonathan, that it will be a consistently family show throughout the weekend, although you may wish to warn your children about Brian's lederhosen..... :O

Oh, and a quick lesson in how to address a Baron (you'll have to ask him yourself!) might not come amiss, either - usually something like 'Oi, you, Your Grace!'... :lol:

May I share 'the captains' address of 'Your wonderfulness'?

Kirkhill should be loaded between about 3 and 4 o'clock. With booking into the Guest House before we set up we should be at the venue about 8 'clock - more than enough time.

Please note: no thongs have been harmed in the exhibiting of this layout.

Archived