class 33

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Gold

hi EPs at DEMU of 33 - 4 versions, two for pp version two normal differing in headlamp provision roof has inset for early/ late exhaust. Dapol website on development page has a listing expanding on catalogue ranges, sorry no pics but hopefully Dapol Dave will provide some shortly!

Thanks Dave.   

I understand they are being taken this last couple of days.

However don't get too excited.

A black body, lacking glazing, exhaust, grills, bagpipes, lights, chassis, buffers, motor etc.

Unless you like the idea of a Dapol snap together kit ;-)

Hi gang check out Dapol website - launch pages - product development  has a 33 page with a long list of models - looks very good.

Just need a world where ScR models could run alongside SR diesels and EMUs!

Robert

When new class 27 was allocated to Cricklewood and Thornaby amongst others, class 26 to Hornsey.  Class 33 worked North in pairs on a cement train that worked as far as Teesside.

Quite OK to see GREEN 26 and 27 working alongside Class 33 and SR EMUs in the London area, or GREEN class 26 and 33 alongside each other on Teesside for a few years.

Hope this helps.

Les

I understand they are being taken this last couple of days.

However don't get too excited.

A black body, lacking glazing, exhaust, grills, bagpipes, lights, chassis, buffers, motor etc.

Unless you like the idea of a Dapol snap together kit ;-)

Actually for those of us that "mess around" with rtr stuff to convert it to EM P4 or to add extra detail etc, a kit of parts would be ideal.

• RMweb Premium

When new class 27 was allocated to Cricklewood and Thornaby amongst others, class 26 to Hornsey.  Class 33 worked North in pairs on a cement train that worked as far as Teesside.

Quite OK to see GREEN 26 and 27 working alongside Class 33 and SR EMUs in the London area, or GREEN class 26 and 33 alongside each other on Teesside for a few years.

Hope this helps.

Les

Where in Teesside did they work to Les? My sources say they worked to York but occasionally further. I wonder if any pairs got all the way to Uddingston!

Now there's an idea for Dave and Co--the notorious Lambton Worm cement wagons!

• 3 weeks later...

Where in Teesside did they work to Les? My sources say they worked to York but occasionally further. I wonder if any pairs got all the way to Uddingston!

Now there's an idea for Dave and Co--the notorious Lambton Worm cement wagons!

Mostly taken off at York, but have been photographed both at Tees yard/Thornaby shed, and crossing Durham viaduct - which I would take as working through to Tyne yard.   The local class 27s seem to have interworked with class 25/0.  The Thornaby 27s in any case had smaller fuel tanks I understand, so would have been kept on fairly local duties.

Hope this helps.

Les

• 10 months later...

Not at all close apparently..

As has been mentioned elsewhere under the Dapol heading on RMweb, although they had got as far as producing some test-shots of the body, for unexplained reasons Dapol now say they have scrapped the 33's tooling and started again.

Apparently there is a little more detail in July's BRM, perhaps someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I understand it will likely not now appear until sometime in 2015?

Roy

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think you'll find that the class 33 being 'available' is an error by Hattons. I've just spoken with them and they confirmed that it's not actually in stock. After all, we haven't seen the new first shot EP version yet.

G.