class 33

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Premium

The rail blue class 33 looks great, numbers are in the wrong place for the non grill end but I guess that's an error that'll be corrected. Looks like the correct colour too!

• RMweb Premium

I asked Joel about the orange cantrail stripe on the blue 33; he said this would be removed for the production models. Hooray! It's easier to add than to remove.

That's good to know.

With regard the Dutch livery carried on Cromptons it is a matter of angle of light when looking at photographs as you can see here there are different tones from different angles.

However Dapol seem to have a nack of choosing any of the tone versions that are actually correct!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/linesidephotos/albums/72157653849840298/with/24261739894  

There are some other Dutch and plain grey versions in my gallery.

David

post-21243-0-35003200-1458767865_thumb.jpg

post-21243-0-23024700-1458767873_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Just popped onto the Dapol website to see if any updates on the Crompton were available and I see a load of proposed releases have been knocked off the list. Missing models as follows....

2D-001-005 - 33020 Blue

2D-001-006 - 33008 Eastleigh green

2D-001-007 - 33042 TTG

2D-001-008 - D6561 BR green, full yellow fronts

2D-001-022 - 33114 Ashford 150 NSE

2D-001-023 - 33112 Templecombe

Steve

Is it possible they are the first batch and the deleted ones will be released later like they did with the class 56? Otherwise they could risk flooding the market like they did with the 66's.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by scruff

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Dapol advert in this months magazines shows the 33's released in June - looking forward to them if true!

Yes, but did we ever get a definition of what ''released'' means? Don't get too excited just yet! The launches section of Dapol's website shows the 33s ''awaiting production'' and the release date as July.

Edited by Crepello

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been looking at the pictures of the decorated samples on the Dapol Digest site.

Apart from the few errors that Andy has pointed out they look very good.

The shop I order my Dapol items from has sent me a list to pre-order hence me looking at the decorated samples to decide which ones to get, all 6 of the first release is a bit much on the wallet!!

I was going to order 33103 in Dutch, but I see it has the square raised cover on the cab roofs (sure it has a technical name??), after looking through a load of photos I can't find any of 103 having this mod whilst in Dutch, perhaps others have photographic evidence?

Which would be good to see.

So it may be 33102 and 33046 to start with?

Cheers,

Keith.

I asked Joel about the orange cantrail stripe on the blue 33; he said this would be removed for the production models. Hooray! It's easier to add than to remove.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. A little rub with some t-cut will quickly remove a stripe but to get a long thin transfer on neat and straight can be time consuming, pretty tricky and damn frustrating. Personally I'd rather remove it that add it.

G.

• Like 1

I see the release date has changed again on their website from July 2016 to quarter one 2016, the mind boggles?  :O

Where do you find product development schedules on their new website? I could find them on the old website but this new one has me confused. I guess it's just a matter of getting the hang of it and becoming familiar with it.

G

Thanks for that - it takes me direct go the N Gauge class 33 page.

But how do you get to the 'product development' page from the home page to select other products? It's probably me but I can't see any selection for product development on the home page.

G

• RMweb Premium

I've been looking at the photos on the Hattons website and I notice that the GSYP version D6539 has the later exhaust arrangement and the uncovered horn enclosure. As far as I am aware no GSYP locos had this arrangement as it seemed to occur when in works for a repaint into BR blue. Is this just a mistake on a pre-production sample?

David

I've been looking at the photos on the Hattons website and I notice that the GSYP version D6539 has the later exhaust arrangement and the uncovered horn enclosure. As far as I am aware no GSYP locos had this arrangement as it seemed to occur when in works for a repaint into BR blue. Is this just a mistake on a pre-production sample?

David

David 

I would suggest you look here and raise the issue https://digest.Dapol.co.uk/forum/n-gauge-models/class-33/project-managers-blog/331-class-33-decorated-samples

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

31st July today & still no sign of the class 33's, does anyone have any info on when they will be in the shops?

Osborn's are very good at advising when new models have arrived on the  N-gauge Yahoo Group; they beat Hatton's to it with the 64XX.

Edited by Crepello

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Various liveries were on display at TINGS and looking very nice.  Apparently most of them are on the boat (thankfully not one owned by Hanjin) and are due in 2 or 3 weeks.  Should be with retailers early - mid October.  The engineers grey / yellow are a couple of weeks behind that. 

Edited by msw2009
  • Like 1