class 33

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Yes Hattons have noted via a spokesperson on the N Gauge Forum that an internal glitch casued cards to be liberated of monies. Dapol as GH noted not yet had second EP approval after retool. I understand livery plans in hand but not yet heard of approvals.

spokesperson for Hattons noted refunds to be arranged, hopefully on Monday I guess.

cheers

Robert   

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm glad someone got a photo as I couldn't get close enough once I'd noticed them down in the bottom of the display cabinet! I believe these are only 3D prints though, like the Class 142, rather than shots from the tooling. Still, good to see progress!

Tom.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see the Dapol class 33 has been put back a further 3 months to third quarter 2015

With the anticipated quoted release of Q3 being July to September this year (and with us already mid-way through Q2) somehow I can't see that happening. Perhaps the year is wrong.

G.

• 3 months later...

Is it just my eyes and the perspective of those shots, or is the whole body shape/size ratio a bit off.  In those pics it looks too thin, like it needs fattening out a bit?  I know the 33s were a bit slab sided (not refering to the actual slab sided Hastings ones here) but it looks almost like a 1:152 shell on a 1:148 chassis if you get my drift; just a bit narrow.  Something just looks odd.

Of course as I type this it occurs to me now that Dapol could well have put the 33 EP shells one of their other chassis, like a 27, which might be why.

Even still, she does look mighty nice.  Looking forward to getting my hands on a couple, and a few 50's too!

Cheers,

Paul

Maybe its one of the "slim jims" as I believe that there were a batch that were built thinner to get through the tunnels on the Hastings line.

Totally agree with you though Paul, they do look slightly disproportionate though.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Possibly they don't look 'muscular' enough. Certainly the one with the tramway bell is not properly sitting on the sole-bar/under-frame. And perhaps with a coat of paint they'll bulk out a bit.

But it's good to see progress with these 'essential' locos.

G.

• RMweb Premium

I don't think those bodies are sitting firmly on the chassis properly which probably doesn't help.  Is there is a direct face on shot anywhere as for me that is where I usually judge a Class 33's appearance.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys ,

Having had the pleasure of handling these models the chassis has proper 33 tanks and battery box - clip in item so hopefuly save some work on 27 reworking. 

The pictures do look odd the model much better and I think pretty much spot on, I measured window opening and it is 0.6mm bigger than on 27 and looks better for it the cab front feels better - all benefitting from the retooling bought about by roof issues.

Bell is in accessory pack which is good. the MU cabling is very fine plastic, all in all a step up from 26/27 model and yes decorated samples not too far away.

Robert