class 33

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Gold

The CJM 50 is a lovely model agreed, a great puller and looks the part with many individually applied bits worth every penny but having seen Dapol work on the 50 this will be a good looker too and hopefully chassis match up to 56. Just more time to save up.  

Hang in there !!

Robert

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fraid I don't have Facebook or twitter which I understand is their preferred method of communication. Does anyone have a suitable email address to use for such things?

G.

I've messaged Joel and informed him. Also added a few images as evidence. Joel told me it was painted by a club member just to have something on show and it's nothing to worry about. I must say it's an impressive repaint.

Edited by Rusty.J

• RMweb Gold

I think you'll find its the larger hatch (held on by those numerous clips) that should be a contrast grey/brown colour rather than that little patch.

G.

G , Quite right - It is a hand finished affair after the body handed over at TINGS, albeit the panel was the easy bit I did not want to make a mess of rushing a mask for the panel - whilst a lighter colour I have seen that the frame work is visible - sometihing not tried on the 26/27s  I wanted to give a feel of the livery so show what is coming and therefore used the painted number in the listings,

glad you liked it otherwise as its a bit of an 11hr production. So fear not its not the final version !!

Robert        

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

33101 clearly showing the full fibre glass roof section.. All 33s are the same from that point of view. Its just the exhaust position that changed from when built to as they are now without the exhaust coming out the silencer box which is still fitted to the locos but not used.

Regards David

post-21243-0-73691400-1446913278_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Surely we can do that already using the BR method? :)

4TC sets were standard BR mk1 loco hauled coaches specifically converted.  Each 4TC consisted of 2x TSOs that were converted into the DTSOs, one FK converted into a TFK, and one BSK converted into a TBSK.  I don't have diagram drawings for them but I'm sure they'd be online somewhere. 

TPM or BHE must do some kind of driving cab part that could be used for the conversion? 

A nice little workbench project for some 2nd hand or cheap farish Blue Ribband mk1s I'd say  :)

Cheers,

Paul

P.S.  That's a lovey pic LSP

..and exactly what I'm planing to do for Kensington Olympia....doh! Spilled the beans on another project.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi,

Just to say I have some TPM 4TC etches waiting blue and lining out (chickened out so far ! - 3 years !) plus some ready painted ends for the older style Mk1s with clear sides and several Ultima 63 foot underframe kits to add value below the solebar! ... 

Arrival of 33 should aid  a kick to this. You are right as I also have some later coaches that might make a good start on this.

Did fancy the RTC one to go with the 73/33 eurostar test train so more to come

Robert  

Surely we can do that already using the BR method? :)

4TC sets were standard BR mk1 loco hauled coaches specifically converted.  Each 4TC consisted of 2x TSOs that were converted into the DTSOs, one FK converted into a TFK, and one BSK converted into a TBSK.  I don't have diagram drawings for them but I'm sure they'd be online somewhere. 

TPM or BHE must do some kind of driving cab part that could be used for the conversion? 

A nice little workbench project for some 2nd hand or cheap farish Blue Ribband mk1s I'd say  :)

Cheers,

Paul

P.S.  That's a lovey pic LSP

There are some drawings in a mid-1960s 'Model Railway Constructor'. The FK was unmodified, the TSOs had a cab on one end, whilst the TSK had a modification to the door/window arrangement on the guard's compartment, IIRC. All had conspicuous 'boxes' about half-way up the ends. There's a thread on cut'n'shutting some SR units in 4mm which show these; I think 'Taigatrommel' is the person responsible.

• RMweb Gold

Hi ,

Taig`s pages are really good and help keep my idea alive. Over weekend I had a chance to look at some  blue grey CEP bodies and they have amidships the door and two little windows required behind cab. So a cutnshut quite feasible. The BSK lost a window in van area so a bit of filler and paint will sort that change. I have a small pile of TPM ends to suit as well.

Pretty certain I have that MRC issue in my stash!!

so perhaps 2016 means I might make a start on a 4TC.  I admit to having most of one in gauge 1 as well thanks to Worsley works etches.

Robert  

Hi all,

As people have already observed, it wouldn't take much for Bachmann to produce a 4TC as they've already produced most of it. If the 4TC was successful maybe we could hope for a 4REP too! We can but dream!!!

In regards to the picture of the pre production 33/1. Does anyone know if the jumper cables true representations of how the production jumper cable will look? I only ask as the ones in the picture look rather large. I'm looking forward to seeing them in the shops, sooner rather than later. But it seems more and more likely that it'll be nearer March than January.

Also, does anyone know which version of the green livery is being produced for 33008 Eastleigh?

Regards

David

Edited by Dtwo