Tonbridge MRC exhibition 15th February 2014

ColinW

Tonbridge MRC will be holding their annual exhibition on Saturday 15th February 2014.  Once again it is being held in the Angel Centre, Tonbridge, TN9 1SF.  Admission prices are as follow:- Adults £5, Children between 10-16 £1, Children under 10 FREE.  The layouts booked to attend so far are:-

Avon Quay                       OO9

Bad Aston                         HO

Billton Goods                    3mm

Brixcombe                         P4

Engaine-Come-Hardy       N    (please note that this is NOT the correct spelling of layout name)

Felsham Lane                   OO

Happisburgh Goods          O

Herstmonceux                   OO

Hobbs Warren                   O

Holm                                  OO

Isle Ornay                          OO9

Johannesdorf                     Oe

Leavesden                         O

Long Sutton Junction          N

Manaoattie                          HO

Marmagne                           HO

Redford Junction                 3mm

Salmon Pastures                 OO

Trezeath                              OO FS

Walmington-on-Sea             OO

Waton                                   N

Westerham                           O

Yellow Ridge Uranium mine   GN15/18

More layouts and traders will be added later when we have confirmed them.

Colin

• 2 months later...

We can now confirm some more layouts and traders to attend the show.

Layouts

Coles Yard        O

Dinas NWNGR   8mm

Gouttieres         HO

Neuffen 2          Z

Traders

Ace Products

Boxfile Dioramas

Carriage and Wagons Models

C&L Finescale

Coastal DCC

David Wills

Golden Arrow Productions

Priory Books

Matthew Cousins (with Drive Thomas)

Mike Turner

Modeller's Mate

Plus Daughters

Realistic Modelling Services

Roxey Mouldings

Severn Valley Railway

Simply Southern

South Eastern Finecast

Spa Valley Railway

Wessex Wagons

For more information go to www.tonbridgemrc.com or e-mail TonbridgeMRC@yahoo.co.uk.  More information will be posted when we have it available.

Colin

• 2 months later...

A few more traders and layouts have been added.

Layouts:

Kew Bridge            OO

Longmead School OO

Trevelyan              N

Unfortunately  Dinas NWNGR has had to withdraw from attending the show.  Longmead School took part in a competition organized by Hornby and Kent County Council, and got to the final of that competition.

Traders:

Dart Castings

Dave's Railway videos

German Railway Society

Kent Garden Railways

Model Railway Electronics

Ray Morris

Roneo Models

Tonbridge Model Engineering Society

For further information, please go to the club's website, www.tonbridgemrc.com or e-mail:TonbridgeMRC@yahoo.co.uk

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Weather permitting, I hope to attend.  Now I'm "out of London" it's a very simple direct train journey and a short walk to the Angel Centre.  Certainly enjoyed last year's show.

Will look to give travel updates (any engineering works that may affect services) as soon as I can.  Glad you enjoyed the show.

Colin

Looking forward to bringing Holm to Kent.
Chris

Looking forward to seeing you at the show Chris.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Colin, whist we on RMWeb know through your posts what is going to be at the exhibition, anybody just looking at your clubs website would only think that there are going to be 8 or 9 layouts there. I think the website needs updating. :O

Thanks Alan, We had hoped to do this over the Christmas period, but unfortunately the bad weather we had in Kent had us busy making sure that we didn't suffer too much with the flooding.  Will get onto it shortly :bb:

Colin

Can I advise that as we have C&L Finescale providing a stand at the show this year, anyone wishing to order through them and collect it at the show, then they need to have the order done by Monday 10th February.

Colin

I have been able to check and can now inform people planning to travel by train to the show, that there are no engineering works planned that will affect services to Tonbridge on the day of the show.  Tonbridge is served by trains from Hastings, Ashford International, Canterbury, Folkestone, Dover, Redhill, London Bridge, Waterloo East & London Charing Cross.  There are several trains each hour from London.  When people arrive at Tonbridge, turn left on exiting the station and walk towards the Sainsbury's that is in view immediately.  The Angel Centre is at the end of this set of buildings.

Colin

Do you know who's doing the demos this year Colin?? Looking forward to coming along.

Steve Sharp will be demonstrating scratchbuilding 7mm Loco's & Rolling Stock from plasticard (he does do 4mm things as well) and club member Jim Filmore will be demonstrating buildings.  We also have some more (!) confirmations to add.  We will have a stand for the SNCF Society, Seaboard Southern & Supercast.  In total we will have 65 stands at the show this year.

Colin

One of our members was asked at Canterbury, as to what was happening with the show, as they had heard it was cancelled because of the flooding that affected Tonbridge over the Christmas period.  This is completely untrue and the Angel Centre itself was not even affected by the flooding despite its close proximity to part of the River Medway :huh:

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

For people intending to drive to the exhibition, can I advise that there WILL NOT be road signs for the exhibtion itself.  We advise that people follow the signs for the railway station, and then pick up on road signs for Sainsbury's/Angel Centre.  There are several pay & display car parks available within close walking distance of the Angel Centre.

Colin

I have been able to check and can now inform people planning to travel by train to the show, that there are no engineering works planned that will affect services to Tonbridge on the day of the show.  Tonbridge is served by trains from Hastings, Ashford International, Canterbury, Folkestone, Dover, Redhill, London Bridge, Waterloo East & London Charing Cross.  There are several trains each hour from London.  When people arrive at Tonbridge, turn left on exiting the station and walk towards the Sainsbury's that is in view immediately.  The Angel Centre is at the end of this set of buildings.

Colin

Due to the recent bad weather there has been several landslides on the line from Hastings and as such services from Hastings to Tonbridge & London are being badly affected. 

I would also like to say that despite the bad weather leading to the Medway's level rising, there has been no further flooding in Tonbridge.

Colin

Regretfully I've had to withdraw Isle Ornsay from appearing at the show. Due to the continued bad weather I'm likely to be staying on shift patterns at work for the foreseeable future.

Apologies to anyone who was expecting to see it there. The layout will be appearing next at Narrow Gauge South at Sparsholt in April (if the b****y rain stops!).

Regretfully I've had to withdraw Isle Ornsay from appearing at the show. Due to the continued bad weather I'm likely to be staying on shift patterns at work for the foreseeable future.

Apologies to anyone who was expecting to see it there. The layout will be appearing next at Narrow Gauge South at Sparsholt in April (if the b****y rain stops!).

Sorry to hear that you have had to withdraw from the show Tom, hopefully we will see Isle Ornsay at a future Tonbridge show.

Colin

Unfortunately the Severn Valley Railway stand has had to withdraw, because Roger Hart, who runs the stand with his wife, Has suffered a stroke.  The club would like to wish Roger a full and speedy recovery from this.

Colin

• RMweb Premium

This is usually a good show (shame it's only on a Saturday!) - are many people from the forum going?  I hope to get up there first thing - subject to the usual constraints about the weather!

Archived