Hattons DCC Decoders

Hattons have their own brand 8 pin decoders at £10.00 - Hattons Model Railways Ltd DCR-8pin-01

Max continuous load (amps):1.1A
Peak amps: 1.6A
Number of functions: 4
Function load (amps): 0.2
Back EMF: Yes
Sides: 2
NMRA Compliant: Yes
Quiet drive: Yes
Auto detect (DCC): Yes
Qty of speed steps: 128
2 or 4 digit addressing: Both
Heatshrink: Yes

Edit for spelling

Edited by Free At Last

• RMweb Gold

Bought one this afternoon.

Packaged similar to Gaugemaster/Train$ave.

No spec sheet with it, says refer to programming guide on their website which I have not found yet.

HattonsDM4a_zps7723bd17.jpgHattonsDM4b_zps9543e404.jpg

If you're anything like me, you have certain CVs you always programme, and others you don't. Since this will be broadly NMRA-compliant, just try your usual set of values, and see what you get.

Only had a chance to fit and try basic programming and couldn't get TV/CV5 to work, but then found it was 28 speed steps it wouldn't work on but would on 128.

On 28 speed steps ( which I prefer to use) it accelerates slowly then bursts into full speed.

Only had a chance to fit and try basic programming and couldn't get TV/CV5 to work, but then found it was 28 speed steps it wouldn't work on but would on 128.

On 28 speed steps ( which I prefer to use) it accelerates slowly then bursts into full speed.

Yep, sounds like a DCC Concepts.......I once had about 6 of various shapes and sizes. Not a good experience, all ultimately failed, won't go there again.

Staying with Lenz for consistency and reliability

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well spotted as I didn't go any further than the link above and was disappointed.  Will buy a couple of these but don't know when I will use them as layout has still yet to be built.  Things only run up a yard of track.  Has anyone else bought these and what do they think of them?

That looks very much like DCC concepts ones. Most of my stay alives appear to do little, if anything. Running isnt great on anything with a small motor. I've fiddled with various settings and still not found a satisfactory setup. In fact, I prefer the Hornby 8249 in these locos.

They are very cheap though at £11 quid. Maybe worth a punt but I've wasted enough money on these previously.

Edited by dave flint

In last night's Hattons email was this:

Our own 8-pin DCC decoders have proved to be a great success and have now sold out. But don't worry, we have more on order with delivery expected later in the year. In the meantime we have a great offer for you on DCC Concepts' 8-pin decoders with 'Stay Alive' which are available with and without harness for the fantastic price of just £11/£12.

<Edit to fix link>

Edited by sdw7300

sdw7300, on 11 Oct 2013 - 11:35, said:

In last night's Hattons email was this:

Our own 8-pin DCC decoders have proved to be a great success and have now sold out. But don't worry, we have more on order with delivery expected later in the year. In the meantime we have a great offer for you on DCC Concepts' 8-pin decoders with 'Stay Alive' which are available with and without harness for the fantastic price of just £11/£12.

What is the username and password to log in to the account in the link.

What is the username and password to log in to the account in the link.

The link merely took me to my own Hotmail account.

Ah - looks like the link was back to the Hattons email (within my Hotmail account) - I have now updated the link.

I failed to follow the golden rule of posting - check your links.... :no: