Hattons DCC Decoders

I have a Hattons 21 pin decoder operating with the Gaugemaster Prodigy Express.

Great controller so far.....

Just to add to the mystery I tried to read the cv values from the programming track and the loco just drove off returning error on the controller! Although I now understand these decoders can't be read?

Aux 2 has been disconnected from the PCB as suggested above with no change...

So...can anyone tell me what on earth I've done to it?

NMRA regs require the current supplied to the programming track by the controller to be restricted to 200mA and only during actual programming, this to protect a decoder from damage due to incorrect wiring, so your loco should not have been able to drive off on the programming track. Different story if POM of course where full oomph is always there.

• 3 months later...

Further to previous posts regarding dimming of lights on Hattons decoders, I emailed Hattons again and got the following very helpful reply:

"I have been in contact with DCC Concepts for you, and they have confirmed that you will need to alter the following CV's:

The relevant CV's are 49-52 for the for function outputs - white/yellow/green/purple wire respectively.
To dim the outputs.
Set to 12 to operate in forward.
Set to 28 to operate in reverse.
Set to 44 to operate both directions.
The dimming value is set in CV64. Default is 4.
Note - you cannot have different dimming levels for each output."

Pleased to report it works.  Value 1 produced a very dim flicker under my Class 40 headcode discs.  Just perfect!

Edited by cravensdmufan
  • Like 1