Twin Jib Crane

• 10 years later...

Hi Gazza, did you ever get any dimensions? I’m planning on making a YJB twin jib crane in OO. There’s plenty of pictures on line that I can use as a base for drawings (like the one attached), but I just need to know the length to ensure I print to scale.

Any help is much appreciated.

Steve

425E9213-1568-43FB-952E-B9374066F276.png

Barrowmore MRG website has the BRB vehicle diagram book for On Track Plant (Book 400) on this page http://www.barrowmoremrg.co.uk/Prototype.html which includes dimensional info for Plasser, Clarke-Chapman(Cowans-Sheldon) and other types of twinjib crane. The diagrams include length over buffers, bogie centre distances and front and tail radii for the jibs.

Edited by ChrisH-UK
Additional info

7 hours ago, Clink junction said:

The MYMM kit looks fantastic but unfortunately is out of my price range. I like scratch building so was hoping to go for a cheaper option.

The way things are going with cranes in 00 I’m sure it’s only time till a rtr one will be on offer

It is a French military crane known as Diplodocus.  Apparently it has been saved for posterity and is kept at a military base near Versailles.  A book about it, in French, was published a few years ago

image.png.085117541064c68648b65edf883c912e.png

ISBN: 2914818807

Edited by Adam88
reinsert lost picture

• 1 year later...
On 16/02/2020 at 13:33, Adam88 said:

It is a French military crane known as Diplodocus.  Apparently it has been saved for posterity and is kept at a military base near Versailles.  A book about it, in French, was published a few years agoimage.png.6d877629fee90fe4c215b0b591cb1de6.png

This just cropped up in this week's 'La passion des trains' video:

Edited by Adam88
  • Like 1