New-look BRM!

SteveCole

• RMweb Gold

There are different wine glasses to suit different wines. On a simple level a red wine glass is bulbous to help develop its flavour. A fine red would taste quite different in a white wine glass as your nose would only receive some of the wines characteristics. Try drinking a red burgundy out of a Champaign flute.

• RMweb Premium

Not wishing to go on about the bag issue, however Warners also produce a very good Monthly Motorhome Magazine MMM, guess what it is also bagged and has put me off buying it.

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Not picking on Dun here (just that it was the first mention) I'd like to respond by saying that the number of occasions that BRM has been bagged in the last year is minimal (so can we leave that well-trodden point of disagreement alone), normally only if there's a supplement that falls out on Smith's carpet.

This is not aimed solely at BRM, but I find supplements are generally a marketing gimmick, and on inspection are seldom/never of any value.

More paper to go straight in the bin - along with the plastic bag!

• RMweb Gold

After reading the latest copy of British Railway Modeller, I thought I had seen something very similar to your logo.

Take a look at this one from a local firm!

http://brmautoengineers.co.uk/

beejack

I'm sure the new look will be a success, but perhaps the management team are hedging their bets?

I might leave an oil change for Andy to do, next time he's down this way, then...!  :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Just purchased my first on- line copy of BRM, easy to do, no parking charges, no falling over others in WHSmith, I can easily find it at home I don't end of with a former forest in my garage and it's cheaper

Oh dear, if the simple act of buying a magazine is that traumatic, I don't blame you for going for the on-line version!... ;)

• RMweb Premium

I' m going to do the on line version as SWMBO is constantly telling me to "tidy up those ******  magazines". I don't know what she's on about, BRM has only been going about ten years and the pile isn't that big.........

P

• 2 weeks later...

It's not exactly a change Peter as the words have been there all the while, but previously not shown. It was amusing to watch some earlier presumptions.

Based on the current RMweb header -

post-125-0-80541500-1377679341.jpg

I'd say it was a fair assumption that it was only to be 'BRM'. I had wondered if the name appearing beneath the new logo was perhaps, in part, a result of the feedback received from readers via this thread.

• RMweb Premium

It's not exactly a change Peter as the words have been there all the while, but previously not shown. It was amusing to watch some earlier presumptions.

By initially not including the words a number of people, myself included, became quite concerned about the change and sought to offer considered advice to amend the logo; I'm sorry but I am unable to see how that might be thought of as 'amusing' unless it's considered fair game to mislead forum members into reacting to something unnecessarily...

David

Archived