Which is the best pasticard Embossed Sheet manufacturer?

If you are reading this chances are you know the answer to the below question:

Which is the best pasticard Embossed Sheet manufacturer?

As i have tried wills kits sheet which seems pretty good but am tempted to go to expo tools for other bits is this wise our would i be wasting money?

Slaters is the brand I use.  There is a wide range of brick and stone patterns.  The sheets are about 0.020" thick and, as a result, are easy to cut.  I usually laminate them onto 0.040" plastic sheet, either Evergreen or Slaters, to make walls.  Wills sheets are very good but, they are relatively small and thick - cutting out windows can be difficult.  I've also noticed that old Wills sheets become brittle.

John

• RMweb Gold

For plain sheet Evergreen is the one to beat, far more consistency in the size of strip etc and a better quality plastic.

For embossed sheet I prefer to use the SE finecast range, I think it has a slightly better definition than the slatters version plus it is available in A3 sheets which is ideal for bigger buildings.  Just wish the local model shop sold it!

• RMweb Gold

Although there are alignment problems with the horizontal mortar lines over the full width of a typical Slaters brick sheet, I do think that the overall finish and crispness of the bricks are better than the SE Finecast ones. Provided you find a good Slaters sheet in the shop, with nice, crisply moulded bricks, I think that you'd be hard put to beat that. I find the SEF ones to be too rounded, which leaves too much room to fill up with mortar when painting and weathering.

You can be unlucky and find Slaters sheets with the same 'rounded brick' problem, so it pays to have a good rummage through the shop's stocks and find some good ones.

Always laminate Slaters or SEF brick sheets to something thicker, such as thicker plasticard or thin MDF etc.

Certainly, for any model building up to circa 9" - 10" in length, I think that the Slaters product is still the best.

Archived