08-16 Kit

an idea could to build something which uses common parts like cabs or bogies etc much the same as the real things such as bigger tampers or even the modern version of the USP 5000 this could ade design and production

On the earlier subject of instructions I like the idea of ring binding as it would be handy on the workbench

I bet you have done this, but Plasser UK themselves are epically friendly! I arranged a trip around their Ealing plant for the Uni Club, brilliant tour and machinery. I know they have detailed diagrams of their units, and could be willing to share. I did have a full architectural design plan of the 08-16 but have misplaced it over the years. I might have a photo still! The MD is Herbert Pilgerstorfer, his PA is Maike Scherer they are very friendly and no doubt they would love models themselves. I can privately email you with their contacts and the design photo if youd like?

I cannot contain how excited i am about the 08-16 kit and hearing your making a USP5000C, super!

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I am building the first production kit to prove the instructions. Its a joy to build you get lots of modeling for your money and its not difficult. Progress so far. Picture 1 shows what you get in the Kit (you supply the Black Beetle bits). Picture 2 shows finished sub-assemblies. Pictures 3 and 4 show it on a running in turn on Hope under Dinmore last nigh prior to starting to paint it.

post-1359-0-90212900-1384544818.jpg

post-1359-0-95322200-1384544826.jpg

post-1359-0-85684900-1384544833.jpg

post-1359-0-80492100-1384544842.jpg

• Like 16

Just a quick update.

I have been informed by the company producing the resin castings for the kit, that due to staff shortages they are currently running a couple of weeks behind with orders. This means that hopefully I the first batch of kits will be ready mid Dec.

I am currently building up a kit to showcase the sound chip produced for DC-Kits by Legomanbiffo which will be on show on the DC-kits stand at the NEC.

Jonathan  

• Like 1

Sorry I may have missed it, but what wheel size and wheelbase black beetle are best used?

I am building the first production kit to prove the instructions. Its a joy to build you get lots of modeling for your money and its not difficult. Progress so far. Picture 1 shows what you get in the Kit (you supply the Black Beetle bits). Picture 2 shows finished sub-assemblies. Pictures 3 and 4 show it on a running in turn on Hope under Dinmore last nigh prior to starting to paint it.

attachicon.gifPA150052.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC00075.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC00190.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC00195.jpg

• RMweb Gold

You can also use the 25mm wheelbase ones (which I have done) they are about £15 cheaper than the correct ones and I cannot see the 0.5mm the difference once the side frames were fitted.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

A rough tot up suggests I have taken about 30 hours to get it to the paint stage in the instructions ( I have also been checking the instructions), i know Jonathan can get one built up in a day. Its probably another 10 hours for rubbing down, painting, final assembly and transfers. If you have never built a kit before then yes get some practice in before starting this one. Its very easy to build but I would not recommend it as a first time kit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Still waiting for the castings I'm afraid. The order was placed with the molders for 60 sets of castings (which will cover the first and second batches) at the start of Jan, so I am hoping to take delivery soon.

Production has been split into three batches (30 kits per batch) the first batch is boxed and ready to go as soon as the castings arrive. I will be roling the second and thid batches into one production run. There are only 10 kits left un-allocated from the third batch.

Jonathan

• Like 1

Still waiting for the castings I'm afraid. The order was placed with the molders for 60 sets of castings (which will cover the first and second batches) at the start of Jan, so I am hoping to take delivery soon.

Production has been split into three batches (30 kits per batch) the first batch is boxed and ready to go as soon as the castings arrive. I will be roling the second and thid batches into one production run. There are only 10 kits left un-allocated from the third batch.

Jonathan

Thanks for the update

Jonathan

Looks good, which company is doing the casting?  I've got a couple of things I would like to cast myself.

Simon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

attachicon.gif

It will take a day to sort theough and pack them into lots to go in the kits, and all being well I will be contacting the first 30 people on the list with payment instructions.

Jonathan

:imsohappy:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jonathon,

WOW what a box!

For anyone considering putting their name down for future batchs, do it ASAP!

Mine arrived very safely packed andit was straightaway whats this bit?? hmm wonder how this looks.

A few hours in and ive just got round to *starting* to read the comprehensive pdf. But nowt has been removed from anything yet.

I intent to do this justice.

Ian