Invicta Model Railways, Sidcup

andyman7

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Got a phone call at 2pm yesterday to say my Sentinel was in stock and would be going out later in the afternoon.  Postie knocked on the door this morning and in a well packed parcel there it was.

At £45.99 for the Tarmac weathered version I think it was a bargain too!  Usual disclaimers, other than being a happy bunny!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Placed an order on New Years Day, despatched on the 2nd arrived on the 3rd. Can't expect better than that really. Very good price as well.

I forgot to post - I went in there some weeks ago - absolutely super shop with loads on display and very helpful, knowledgeable lady. Too helpful really.....i walked out nearly £500 lighter in the wallet.

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

First order with Invicta and I'm pretty sure my last!

Pre-Ordered 13 Dapol HIA's via the website. When the items came into stock in the shop (Friday 18/03/16). Invicta decided to quickly split pre orders from shop stock so they could take the shop stock to the London festival of model railways, fine so far. First issue for me was that they only decided to post out pre orders to customers on Tuesday 22/03/16, should have posted them Saturday in my opinion.

Second issue came when they arrived. Packaging was fine but on opening I found that they had incorrectly counted my items, I had 3 of 1 and 1 of another when I wanted 2 of each (total order was 13 items). I wouldn't normally be bothered but as the missing one was a white one and extra was green I was a little miffed. As I had been keeping track of these wagons on RMWEB I knew that they had been selling really fast! So when I rang up Invicta to inform them my order was wrong I knew what the answer was going to be. Sorry no white ones left as they had sold all shop stock at the London show. They offered me a refund if I returned the errant item. No thanks was my reply.

I understand everyone makes mistakes but this wouldn't have happened if pre orders were satisfied before selling the rest. They sold that quick that they never even put them on the website as in stock. They were also the cheapest place around so we're never going to struggle to sell what they had.

Anyway make of that what you will. I won't be ordering from them again, I know that most model shops would place pre-orders as high up in their priorities but clearly not Invicta!

• 3 weeks later...

I Had an issue with what i was posted also.

A couple of weeks ago i order a pack of their 39-001X NSE Translator MK1s via the website, got them two days later to find they had sent me 39-001Y Royal Mail MK1s.

Very apologetic and i got a swap once id sent them back but clearly not the point.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Mistakes happen that is a fact Nobody is fault free

Exactly; and the way an organisation sorts out things that do go wrong offers a good guide to their flexibility and attitude to the customer.

When dealing with an unfamiliar supplier, knowing that any error will be sorted out promptly and courteously gives me confidence to use them again.

After all, when something goes right, you can never be certain that it wasn't down to sheer good luck. :jester:

John

• 1 month later...

Ordered two Peco 009 L&B coaches on their bargains page at £25.99  each instead of £32.99 each at just before noon yesterday.  Paid standard £4.00 P&P They arrived midday today, very well packed.  Also two e mailed updates on my order.  24 hours from computer order to track. Excellent service I reckon.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I ordered the Bachmann Scenecraft brick servicing depot, at the discounted price of £29.99, on late Tuesday evening. Received a processing order email first thing Wednesday morning and today,Thursday, the package arrived, really well protected too, so full marks for Invicta from me!

Cheers,

Keith

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Popped into the shop today as I was working nearby. Picked up some discounted books and one of the last Stratford Pilot 08's :O)

I'm not local but the owners have had a few challenges recently but were very friendly and chatty. Well worth supporting.

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

reading these reviews , perhaps I'm either unlucky, or my face does not fit, with them.

when they were first available, I asked Invicta to get me a Mini trains #2003 contractor's loco, THREE WEEKS later, I queried it's non arrival. finally contracted Andrias in Germany- to be told that Invicta had never placed my order- finally got one elseware

recently ordered a Ratio 502 cattle dock kit from them -- It's been nearly five weeks, now, since ordering--  I leave you to draw your own conclusion.

looks like all my orders will be made somewhere else in future.

Edited by oldpete
too harsh

I have always found their service to be very good. I am local but have ordered on line as well (it's all about how best to get the new purchase in the house!!) One time they noticed I was having problems with an on line order and called me to help, unprompted.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...