Show us your scratchbuilt building

I thought I would start this topic after following the Allan Downes - Iain Robinson debate with much interest. Hopefully this will give us lesser mortals a place to show our own efforts.

I've started off with a few 7mm examples I have built over the last few years.

attachicon.gifShop1.jpg

attachicon.gifShop4.jpg

attachicon.gifPub4.jpg

attachicon.gifPICT0066crop.jpg

attachicon.gifCottage.jpg

attachicon.gifDriveway.jpg

Good grief ! lesser mortals you say !

Alant, that work is BEAUTUFUL, it's STUNNING - tis I that is the lesser mortal - Pleeeeeeze - let's have more, no, LOT'S more !!

Cheers.

Allan

Good grief ! lesser mortals you say !

Alant, that work is BEAUTUFUL, it's STUNNING - tis I that is the lesser mortal - Pleeeeeeze - let's have more, no, LOT'S more !!

Cheers.

Allan

Thanks Allan, that's praise coming from yourself. I hope we will see some great examples on here from many others. Looks like we have a good start already.

The pub was actually based on a model building in the Railway Modeller years ago, I think by Mike Gill (?) and the garage was again based on a model in MRJ. The shop and cottage though were both based on real buildings, not sure I have the original photos now though will have a look later. The woman who owned the cottage was quite bemused when I knocked on her door to ask if I could take some photographs in order to make a model. She was fine with it (I took along some model photographs to show I was not casing the joint). When I eventually finished the model I gave her some photos of the finished model.

Alan.

• Like 4

Alant,

Going by your profile, I see you're also a guitarist. Also, I see you come from Bucks, so may I ask what part ?

Cheers.

Allan.

I'm a bass player Allan (failed guitarist!), play in a blues/rock covers band in and around the Oxford area mainly.

I live in north Bucks but originally from Nottingham many years ago.

Alan.