Show us your scratchbuilt building

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That preheater tower looks very convincing, are you going the whole hog with rotary kiln, Leopold grate, clinker conveyors etc? 

Thanks, those elements are appealing and I wish I had the space to add them. There will be some raw materials silos, elevators, conveyor sections, and distribution silos. The rest will be ‘assumed’.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, magmouse said:

I do like the ‘Marks & Spencer’ lettering - it so reminds me of the old M&S look.

Nick.

It’s just Slaters alphabet. Painted pale green then the front faces over painted in good.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

These past couple of weeks I've been building the Golden Cod pub for the new 7mm layout, Bovey Quay. Right now laying the header bricks in the window openings. Brickwork scribed onto 5mm foam board. Window headers I cast myself from plaster. Then I'll make a start on the sash window frames, now that should be fun.

GC_BRICKS_01 copy.jpg

GC_BRICKS_01b copy.jpg

GoldenCod_mockup copy.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

The block with the warehouse is almost complete. I've added some shops overlooking Bermondsey Street which I'd always planned to do, although their frontages are not yet finished. And, of course, this is N/2mm scale for my under construction layout.

I've also finally made and added hopper-heads and down pipes to the warehouse, but as I'm out of half round styrene strip I've not been able to add gutters and downpipes to the overhanging pitched roofs.

DSC06179crpercrred.jpg.18fc40aeebf61448d0703dedb4c59a01.jpg

Edited by grahame
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

These are in 7mm scale, I drew them up in Adobe Illustrator and cut them out of 2mm MDF on my desktop laser cutter.

Pipework is Evergreen tubing with some 3D printed bends my friend produced for me on his resin printer.

The electrical wiring is copper wire feeding MDF electrical boxes and junctions.

Martin

IMG_8778.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4