Handheld switch on control panel

gwrman

On our club layout we want to put a double track panel mount and two handheld sockets switched so you can use either the panel or a handheld. I think I need 2 4pdt switches, can someone confirm, I think this heat is getting to me.

Nigel :heat:   

Yes if you want to change between Either having both panel mounted or both Handheld. If you want to independently control Which tracks are under panel and which are under handheld control then you need two DPDT switches. Would it be worth using Centre-Off types to Isolate the layout from the controllers?

Hope this Helps

Rob

You may find that double pole rotary switches are your best bet.  You may only need two of the ways at this time but a rotary switch will give the option of adding more in the future.

The new Ely MRC 4mm layout is split into four main sections - up main, down main, goods yard and branch - and these are each controlled by a rotary switch.  Each switch has a centre off position should you wish to isolate the whole of that section.  There are four hand held controllers each of which can work any section or sections or all of the layout if required, very useful at exhibitions when some operators may be at lunch.  There are also isolating sections within each main section.  Obviously, for your purposes just substitute a panel mounted controller for a handheld controller.

Chris Turnbull     

Archived