The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

A cowboy appeared before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

"Have you ever done anything of particular merit?" St. Peter asked.

"Well, I can think of one thing," the cowboy offered.  "On a trip to the Black Hills out in South Dakota, I came upon a   gang of bikers who were threatening a young woman.  I directed  them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen.  So, I approached  the largest and most tattooed biker and smacked him in the face, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the   ground.  I yelled, 'Now, back off or I'll kick the out of all of you!'"

St. Peter was impressed, "When did this happen?"

"Couple of minutes ago."

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 18

Not a joke but it always made me chuckle.

In the guards seating compartment on the VEP's there was a First Aid/safety notice. It frequently had a message scrawled on it by some wag.  It was often "Moomin the piss flap."

I knew nothing about Moomins then and I still don't.

• Informative/Useful 1

This appeared in the morning newspaper;

Electric cars: New vehicles to emit noise to aid safety https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48815968

My first thoughts wandered along the lines of wheezy little electric cars pretending to be Ferraris by sounding like one. Then came the revelation; could we use the same sound files that we use in our model locomotives for our cars? Class 50 on the high street? I wondered, then, about the effect of two-tone air horn sounds emanating from a silent car...

Otherwise, for those not of the ‘railway’ persuasion, how about movie themes...The Magnificent Seven comes to mind. 

It is quite clear to me that I have nothing useful to do at the moment.

best,

Marcus

• Like 4
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, EHertsGER said:

This appeared in the morning newspaper;

Electric cars: New vehicles to emit noise to aid safety https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48815968

My first thoughts wandered along the lines of wheezy little electric cars pretending to be Ferraris by sounding like one. Then came the revelation; could we use the same sound files that we use in our model locomotives for our cars? Class 50 on the high street? I wondered, then, about the effect of two-tone air horn sounds emanating from a silent car...

Otherwise, for those not of the ‘railway’ persuasion, how about movie themes...The Magnificent Seven comes to mind. 

It is quite clear to me that I have nothing useful to do at the moment.

best,

Marcus

If I ever buy a car driven by electrickery it will need to sound like a GWR (bows head) Pannier

So there !!!

Dave

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 28/06/2019 at 11:22, jcm@gwr said:

Puritanism:- The haunting fear that someone,

somewhere may be happy!

Mountains aren't funny,

they're hill-areas!

May you die in bed at 95,

shot by a jealous spouse.

Why do Methodists discourage pre-marital sex?

Because it may lead to dancing...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

29 minutes ago, ian said:

The great irony is that the 'approved' sound is that of an internal combustion engine, :rolleyes:

BUT!...  Only when in reverse, or less than 12 MPH...  above which "silent approach" is perfectly permissible...  

Regards

Julian

• Like 2

My wife caught me on the bathroom scales

the other day, sucking in my stomach.

She said "Haha! That's not going to help!"

"Sure it does," I replied,

"It's the only way I can read the numbers"

What's the difference between a hippo and a Zippo?

One is a bit heavier, the other is a little lighter.

I tried to explain to my young son that it's okay to

occasionally 'mess' your pants, accidents happen,

but he's still making fun of me!

I hate spelling errors, you mix up two letters and

your whole paragraph is urined.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

16 hours ago, jcredfer said:

BUT!...  Only when in reverse, or less than 12 MPH...  above which "silent approach" is perfectly permissible...  

Regards

Julian

Then perhaps the ‘sneaking up on Jerry’ sound from Tom and Jerry cartoons applies...or it would if we were ‘allowed’ to watch them.

Edited by EHertsGER
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Above 12mph most current vehicles make very little engine noise compared to the tyre noise unless accelerating hard, so no need for any artificial sound above that.

• Like 2

Urgent.... My mate has fallen off his pushbike on a gravel road. Does anyone know if its possible to take a skin graft from your buttocks and put it on somebody who isn't family? Arse skin for a friend !!!! 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, EHertsGER said:

Then perhaps the ‘sneaking up on Jerry’ sound from Tom and Jerry cartoons applies...or it would if we were ‘allowed’ to watch them.

It always amazes me, how the victim never notices the sound track???

Julian

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1