The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

If you line up all the Hornby empty boxes end to end it would be a complete waste of time.

But someone would still do a video talk through of you doing it and post it on you tube.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Down deep in the West Country, a little lad grows up surrounded by farmland, and as he gets older he becomes obsessed by the impressive farm machinery he sees in daily use - but especially the tractors. Doing odd jobs in the nearby town while still living at home with mum and dad, he makes a few pounds, but rather than being off chasing girls it is still the tractors that have his heart.

One day he reads about a big agricultural exhibition - up in London. He just knows there will be loads of tractors on display and sets his heart on going - to get a 'fix'! Leaving the train at Padlington, he makes his way to the exhibition centre, buys his ticket and his eyes widen as he sees tractors everywhere, some bigger and better than he's ever seen before. He goes to inspect one particularly impressive model - only to find some unpleasant chap in a suit bearing down on him. "Oi, you 'orrible little urchin - sling yer 'ook! You aren't a farmer - we don't want your type here!" Absolutely crestfallen, he rushes off back to Padlington, and catches the first train home, simmering with rage. On the journey he confronts the simple fact that tractors have no relevance to his existence, and it's time to move on. This is tough stuff - so on alighting at his home station he nips over the road to the pub for a pint, and sits thinking gloomy thoughts.

It is a windy day, not too warm, so there is a lovely log fire burning in the bar. Suddenly a particularly violent gust comes right down the chimney and blows smoke all over the place - people are coughing and choking, terrible! Our little lad leaps to his feet and with one huge sucking noise, simply absorbs all the smoke, clearing the air in one! People are grateful but amazed - how did he do that? "Oh, it's easy for me - I'm an ex-tractor fan!"

Padlington?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, God's Wonderful Railway 1835 said:

If you lined up all the automobiles in the world, bumper to bumper, some fool would pull out and try to pass...

39 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

... in a high end German car.

.... without indicating. 

• Agree 5
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

The pastor asked if anyone in the congregation would like to express praise for answered prayers.

Suzie stood and walked to the podium.

She said, "I have a praise. Two months ago, my husband, Phil, had a terrible bicycle wreck and his was completely crushed. The pain was excruciating and the doctors didn't know if they could help him."

You could hear a muffled gasp from the men in the congregation as they imagine the pain that poor Phil must have experienced.

"Phil was unable to hold me or the children," she went on, "and every move caused him terrible pain." We prayed as the doctors performed a delicate operation, and it turned out they were able to piece together the crushed remnants of Phil's , and wrap wire around it to hold it in place."

Again, the men in the congregation cringed and squirmed

uncomfortably as they imagined the horrible surgery performed on Phil.

"Now," she announced in a quivering voice, "thank the Lord, Phil is out of the hospital and the doctors say that with time, his should recover completely."

All the men sighed with unified relief. The pastor rose and tentatively asked if anyone else had something to say.

A man stood up and walked slowly to the podium.

He said, "I'm Phil." The entire congregation held its breath.

"I just want to tell my wife the word is   "sternum."

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You swipe right for a GWR one and left for LNER Steve!

Mike.

Surely that should be left (westwards) for GWR and right (eastwards) for LNER?

What about the SR then? Swipe down?

Edited by Ian J.
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3