The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

One from a Radio Merseyside phone quiz

Presenter: Which composer wrote the 1812 Overture?

(Noises off on the phone line)

Contestant: Eh, yerwhat???? ... pause...  Jack Clusky?

• Funny 5

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

The best two from Family Fortunes and are probably somewhere on YouTube.

Name a bird with a long neck

Naomi Campbell

Name a dangerous race.

The Arabs

Both answers would seem to be perfectly accurate.....

Julian

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

45 minutes ago, BoD said:

I went to the AGM of the Pessimists Society.

It was very disappointing - the room was half empty.

I went to a pantomime for 'Help The Paranoid'. It was a great show until one of the characters shouted "he's behind you!". Absolute pandemonium broke out in the auditorium.

• Like 2
  • Funny 12

12 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Phil,

You need "Man Scripts":

Gibbo.

The "Question" Mrs Luckymucklebackit uses frequently starts with "Would you like to.....".  It is no more of a question if I would like to do something, it is a mandatory instruction whether I like it or not!

JIm

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

The "Question" Mrs Luckymucklebackit uses frequently starts with "Would you like to.....".  It is no more of a question if I would like to do something, it is a mandatory instruction whether I like it or not!

JIm

A question with a choice for you to make is just as dangerous.

'Would you like fish or chicken for dinner?' Sounds very much like you have been given your preferred option for dinner.

DANGER. If you say 'I'd like chicken tonight', then it's an open invitation for her to say, 'Well, I'd prefer to have fish'.

You have fallen into the trap, guess what you're having for dinner tonight?

Now if your memories good, next time you get asked the same question, you'll remember that the last time, we had fish SO it must be the chicken turn = Man Logic!

WRONG, when will you learn that you can't win this game of words? It's the turn of fish again.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Just like when you get two ties for Christmas, a blue one and a red one. You get smartened up for Christmas dinner and come down wearing the blue tie, to be immediately met the question - and what's wrong with the red tie?

• Like 2
  • Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iands said:

Just like when you get two ties for Christmas, a blue one and a red one. You get smartened up for Christmas dinner and come down wearing the blue tie, to be immediately met the question - and what's wrong with the red tie?

The answer to that is "Nothing, but I couldn't find my other neck", then make sure you are out of arms reach and she doesn't have anything heavy to throw at you. 

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, iands said:

The red one is holding my trousers up.

Mike.

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, iands said:

If you say it's a cack tie you'll get a very spiky response!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, iands said:

Show that you are wearing the red one as well (where you wear it is up to you), and say, you could not decide which one to wear, so it ended up a tie.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I have always loved to live dangerously. I'm also a bit of a masochist. Growing up in a household with my Grandmother, my Mother and two sisters, whenever I was asked to help out with something I would reply "I can't do that - it's women's work". My distance record was five feet of movement before being beaten to a pulp.

Dave R.

• Funny 11