The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

The news said that people were offering emergency help for those in Whaley Bridge including the Women’s Institute who were …….

this is where I got ahead of things and thought …….. 

….. going to make an emergency nude calendar.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

3 minutes ago, Jamiel said:

The news said that people were offering emergency help for those in Whaley Bridge including the Women’s Institute who were …….

this is where I got ahead of things and thought …….. 

….. going to make an emergency nude calendar.

Hi Jamiel,

Crass I know, but might be swim-wear be more appropriate ?

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Ah, jokes about Whaley Bridge. I'm maybe a mile from the reservoir (maybe a little less as the crow flies), downstream. Not been kicked out my house though (there's always the possibility they don't know it's here mind you, it's tucked out of the way, although one of my neighbours contacted the police who said stay "for now").

Bring on the jokes though, most of the people around here would happily laugh at them!

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

The weather forecast this morning included a severe flood warning for Whaley Bridge. Not sure if this was "stating the obvious" or more bad weather.

It's been down as a severe flood warning since this started. The forecast has some yellow warnings for the general area for tomorrow due to the possibility of localised heavy showers. Should be OK though, with pretty much only the rain that lands in the reservoir and the valley sides adding to it, there's a channel all down the side and what looked like sluices at the top to divert the incoming stream in to it and thus bypass the reservoir.

• Informative/Useful 4

Looks very similar to the Oroville Dam incident a few years ago. On the plus side it is on a much smaller scale, on a minus side in this case the erosion is on the dam itself rather than lower down the spillway, which is more of an issue.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Anyway it's nice not having the constant noise of the A6 nearby for once. Pity it's been replaced by constant helicopters (the Chinook stands out, although I've not actually seen it).

• Like 1

To change the subject - 

I went to an analyst recently, who tested me and told me I'm suffering from multiple personality disorder. 

I said "Don't be ridiculous. I haven't got multiple personality disorder - and neither have I".

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

On 03/08/2019 at 11:21, Reorte said:

Anyway it's nice not having the constant noise of the A6 nearby for once. Pity it's been replaced by constant helicopters (the Chinook stands out, although I've not actually seen it).

It did occur to me that it's sort of slightly ironic, seeing the RAF trying to block up a dam, rather than knock them down. ;)

I don't think the Chinooks belong to 617 Squadron. 

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
On 03/08/2019 at 19:45, Reorte said:

Ah, jokes about Whaley Bridge. I'm maybe a mile from the reservoir (maybe a little less as the crow flies), downstream. Not been kicked out my house though (there's always the possibility they don't know it's here mind you, it's tucked out of the way, although one of my neighbours contacted the police who said stay "for now").

Bring on the jokes though, most of the people around here would happily laugh at them!

Not quite as bad as Denley Moor, where 'It were always raining'!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

It did occur to me that it's sort of slightly ironic, seeing the RAF trying to block up a dam, rather than knock them down. ;)

I don't think the Chinooks belong to 617 Squadron. 

In the midst of the random rubbish playing on the jukebox in the pub yesterday afternoon was something which included a brief bit of the Dambusters theme... Raised a few smiles but I think if anyone had put it on themselves they'd have been thrown in the canal!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

‘Stupid’ is a lack of awareness that the definition of ‘Ignorant’ is ‘unaware of, not knowing’, not ‘rude and contemptuous’.  ‘Ignorant’ is simply a lack of awareness, and excusable in the uneducated or ill informed.   

The internet is a device capable of achieving the apparently impossible situation of increasing awareness and stupidity simultaneously. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

‘Stupid’ is a lack of awareness that the definition of ‘Ignorant’ is ‘unaware of, not knowing’, not ‘rude and contemptuous’.  ‘Ignorant’ is simply a lack of awareness, and excusable in the uneducated or ill informed.   

The internet is a device capable of achieving the apparently impossible situation of increasing awareness and stupidity simultaneously. 

It also allows people with narrow views to narrow their minds further to fit their echo chambers, as it allows them to find the small and widely spread out group of similar minded people who they would hardly stand a chance of meeting in a non-internet world.

• Agree 7

1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

It also allows people with narrow views to narrow their minds further to fit their echo chambers, as it allows them to find the small and widely spread out group of similar minded people who they would hardly stand a chance of meeting in a non-internet world.

Hi Ian,

That's put a rather different complexion upon contributing to RMWeb, we had all better watch out !!!

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Poor Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Ian,

That's put a rather different complexion upon contributing to RMWeb, we had all better watch out !!!

Gibbo.

I think (I hope) we're a reasonably openminded group here. I think Andy Y and Co. keep a good eye out for anyone who gets a bit vocal about tightly held opinions. I've had a post or two removed due to minor transgressions, and that helps to remind me I'm not perfect and not to stay shuttered in my echo chamber.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

15 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

I think (I hope) we're a reasonably openminded group here. I think Andy Y and Co. keep a good eye out for anyone who gets a bit vocal about tightly held opinions. I've had a post or two removed due to minor transgressions, and that helps to remind me I'm not perfect and not to stay shuttered in my echo chamber.

It is the jokes thread after all.

As for opinions, there is nothing quite like the curtailment of free speech to accelerate an echo chamber, go figure ?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

It is the jokes thread after all.

Agreed. I'm not very good at jokes, unfortunately...

What's brown and sticky?

A stick. :blink:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1