Rmweb is being a bit slow so I'm not sure if this will  work

Anyway, Craig Tiley (Railway Modellers photographer) has kindly sent me the photos published in Railway Modeller taken by him so I can post them on here and use them in advertising the layout. They have had to have been shrunk by quite a bit to upload them here, but they're well worth showing as they're much better than what I've managed. As (I think) I previously said, I was having my lunch when most of these were taken, but I definitely remember the up the line shot of the 4f and holding my map up at the backscene to block the hall lights at Warley!! :D

post-19141-0-17473900-1428945807_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-83313800-1428945869_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-24934500-1428945906_thumb.jpg

All photos are credited to Craig Tiley, Railway Modeller magazine.

Edited by hornbyandbf3fan
  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

That's quite an achievement Will mate. I'll do my best to get a hold of a copy of that particular magazine.

I'm sure I'll get quite a few agrees here when I say we're all holding our breath as to what you might produce in the future!

Regards Shaun.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

Well done Will, I've made a note to buy that edition!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Thanks Jock, I just need to copy it now for the front of the layout

That's quite an achievement Will mate. I'll do my best to get a hold of a copy of that particular magazine.

I'm sure I'll get quite a few agrees here when I say we're all holding our breath as to what you might produce in the future!

Regards Shaun.

Thanks shaun

I'm glad you are (no pressure now!) I still have the goods shed to build yet, I have the brick paper and hopefully I'll do a decent job. As for future layouts, we'll have to see. Probably going to have to wait until uni is out of the way

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on getting it into the magazine! Will have to try and get one if it makes its way down to the bottom of Down Under!!!

Seriously though, looking great, and its good to know that I am not one of the only 2 teen modelers using this site!!!

I think that given it is an Inglenook, considering Kadee's and delayed uncoupling would be something to consider - I am going to use it for my layout Dunoon and it also enables a lot closer coupling - KD #18's couple my Hornby Mk1's so close to each other that it is hard to see the gap between the gangways when it is on a straight!

Peter

• Like 1

its good to know that I am not one of the only 2 teen modelers using this site!!!

Oh, there are many of us hanging around here somewhere, just we're maybe not as obvious as one may think :) Edited by Frappington Jct
  • Like 1

AND  .............................

Oh, there are many of us hanging around here somewhere, just we're maybe not as obvious as one may think :)

........................................................   I wouldn't go too far  ................................................   on the mental age of some of the "Elders" either   .......    :no:  :senile:  :senile:

...............    eerr   .....   including self   .......   :scratchhead:

Regards

Julian

• 3 weeks later...

Just found the thread Will. The layout has really come along since its appearance at Weston a couple of years ago. Congratulations on your appearance in the Raileay Modellor. Sadly I think I have missed this edition.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on getting it into the magazine! Will have to try and get one if it makes its way down to the bottom of Down Under!!!

Seriously though, looking great, and its good to know that I am not one of the only 2 teen modelers using this site!!!

I think that given it is an Inglenook, considering Kadee's and delayed uncoupling would be something to consider - I am going to use it for my layout Dunoon and it also enables a lot closer coupling - KD #18's couple my Hornby Mk1's so close to each other that it is hard to see the gap between the gangways when it is on a straight!

Peter

Thanks Peter

As Matt has already said, there are quite a few of us teenagers about on here, just got to look hard! :D Unfortunately, I'm too skint to fit kadees to 11 locos and over 40 wagons (at last count anyway) so I'll be sticking to the old wire on a screwdriver handle!

AND  .............................

........................................................   I wouldn't go too far  ................................................   on the mental age of some of the "Elders" either   .......    :no:  :senile:  :senile:

...............    eerr   .....   including self   .......   :scratchhead:

Regards

Julian

Couldn't agree more, the name Boris springs to mind....

Just found the thread Will. The layout has really come along since its appearance at Weston a couple of years ago. Congratulations on your appearance in the Raileay Modellor. Sadly I think I have missed this edition.

Thanks Andy, it sure has, it's still wierd looking back at those pictures which are going on two years on now! 

And if anyone's wondering where I've been, I've been sampling the delights of the British education system and this site was too distracting. 

Will

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

So, some of you may be wondering about what I'm doing as I've barely been on here

Well, the answer unsurprisingly is nowt

Nothing has really happened to the layout, but with Zanes 3D snowplough finished and ready to print, that's given me the kick up the arse to do some modelling and grace you all with my presence on here. I'm afraid I've had to cancel the Thorncombe show however due to DofE getting in the way

Which leaves two more shows I think; Barnstaple and Hayle? 

However, I won't be taking any more invites past mid summer 2017 at the very latest as then I'll have hopefully finished A levels and be at Sandhurst. Not sure what will happen to the layout, but hopefully it won't be broken up

• Like 6

......................   better take it with you   .............

So, some of you may be wondering about what I'm doing as I've barely been on here

Well, the answer unsurprisingly is nowt

Nothing has really happened to the layout, but with Zanes 3D snowplough finished and ready to print, that's given me the kick up the arse to do some modelling and grace you all with my presence on here. I'm afraid I've had to cancel the Thorncombe show however due to DofE getting in the way

Which leaves two more shows I think; Barnstaple and Hayle? 

However, I won't be taking any more invites past mid summer 2017 at the very latest as then I'll have hopefully finished A levels and be at Sandhurst. Not sure what will happen to the layout, but hopefully it won't be broken up

............................   they have had nothing in the UK since LMR closed    ..........................       you will have to do a few modifications 'though   ......   :jester:

Morning Will,

Thought you'd been quiet on here lately, but with good reason as you will only get one chance to do well in your A-levels, and hopefully achieve the grades that Sandhurst require. You can pick up the modelling again at any time, but with most of your life ahead of you, the task in hand is more important.

I wish you luck in your chosen career, but I urge you to not break up the layout. If you succeed in joining the army, you will have some lengthy periods of leave at which time you might find the layout useful! The RAF certainly has several Railway Modelling clubs and I'm sure you'll find that they exist in some army regiments. Meanwhile, I hope the shows you have booked are trouble free successes. It would be very nice, and I'm sure many others agree, if you look in from time to time, updating us with your progress - you've given a lot of people a great deal of pleasure, and for one so young, inspiration as well!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• 6 years later...

Nearly 7 years, time does go quick 

I've occasionally popped on here, but life has been busy, finishing A levels eventually, working full time, house moves and then uni. A lot of alcohol consumption in between as well. Starting the military soon, about 4 years later than initially planned but I'll find it easier than if I'd joined as a skinny 18 year old.

Decided to get a few bits out the loft to check what's still working, surprisingly everything is so far. Recently dragged my poor girlfriend to a preservation line, even though she had no idea what any of it was and "they all look the same."

The layout is still together, currently in the garage under a tarpaulin but would need some TLC to get it looking presentable again. Hopefully at some point in the future I will have the time and space to properly get back into the hobby

More of a life update than anything else, I hope everyone is doing well, especially after the last few years

Will

PXL_20220823_104315385.jpg

PXL_20220823_104708784.jpg

PXL_20220828_185126037.TS_exported_3166_1661720723959.jpg

PXL_20220828_203021355.TS_exported_2466_1661720748070.jpg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 8 months later...

Some modelling (kind of)

Been home for a few days, not really had the time or effort to drag the layout out, that'll be a couple of days job, but found a few parkside kits I forgot I had so put one together. Bit too fiddly for my ape like motor neurone skills but got there in the end. Also carried out some surgery on a Hornby B1 so it'll go round corners and dcc chipped my J50. 

Also found some old photos of the layout from its last show. Seems as rmweb had a nightmare with a server change I'll post a few of those too

PXL_20230507_161401674.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20230507_153756253.jpg

20161105_131833.jpg

20161105_131843.jpg

20161105_131838.jpg

20161105_131902.jpg

20161105_131914.jpg

20161105_133403.jpg

20161105_133359.jpg

20161105_151754.jpg

• Like 6