Sorry, but this makes me nauseatic ! Is it really sooo diffcult to use a tripod ?

Asks Armin

I can use a tripod but the layout is only small and it was just a general video so I wasn't concentrating on any particular point. I'll see about using a tripod next time but nobody else has complained.

• Like 1

Hornbyandbf3fan

I re-watched it I personally don't have a problem, I don't think a tripod is need, panning slower will probably cure Armin's problem. 

Armin

Don't forget he is young yet and does not have as deep pockets as some of us. For him the cost of a tripod would be better spent on the layout. If a tripod was required a bamboo stick or a broom handle would do the job.

I do have a tripod which I'll use, but a tripod does restrict me. I have tryed to work on panning slower whilst doing updates bu I've only started doing them again after a long break from them. Hopefully I'll get back to slowing down the panning but when making a video there's so many things to concentrate on! :)

I agree we do two or three videos for everyone we post, when you re run them you think ouch did i really say that or pause so long between words, hehe. Even the finished and posted ones leave a lot to desire.

You are doing fine, I find it lovely seeing you learn and expand your knowledge. Don't worry people rarely criticise  for the sake of it, they are merely pointers, which it is up to you whether you take them forward. As time goes on you will find often contradictory information and advice, you just need to use what work's for you. Information is freely given, and you should never feel obliged to use it. 

The baseboard has been reinforced and a 2 foot long fiddle yard extension.

post-19141-0-71886300-1378311361_thumb.jpg

The extension on one end.

post-19141-0-93479300-1378311376_thumb.jpg

The new supports and fiddle yard are held on with bolts and wing nuts

post-19141-0-35833300-1378311397_thumb.jpg

The new supports.

A busy time at the yard as BR 4MT 75033 has arrived to fetch it's train whilst Ivatt 2mt 6404 waits in an empty siding.

post-19141-0-06833300-1378311413_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-40092800-1378311430_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-95279900-1378311448_thumb.jpg

post-19141-0-10231000-1378311465_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Looks brilliant, the extra fiddleyard will get you lots more operating potential as well.

Thanks and yes it will. It's brilliant as I can have my 4mt or black 5 arrive with a short train (4 or 5 wagons long) and then depart with another short train. I need some more wagons though. I was thinking of making a Parkside Dundas LNER 12 ton lowfit. Ideal for the tractor in the picture

• Like 1

Super start, i'm looking forward to seeing the scenery starting.

Keep up the good work.

Andy.

ps; Inglenooks Rule!

Thanks and hopefully that'll start soon when the basboard is completed and point motors fitted. It's turning more into a normal yard layout at the moment LOL but i can operate it either way, especially with the new fiddle yard