Pre Grouping layouts

Some photos from Model Rail 2024 at the weekend.

Not all pre-group, so I hope I don't get excommunicated! 🤞

Part 1

Firstly for @Compound2632, Kettlewell

DSC_2116.JPG.ff9319bdc4e8f18ceddf4f945e22cc44.JPG

Rolvenden K&ESR

DSC_2123.JPG.e8d8ebe0ea7442808287b596c5473d5e.JPGDSC_2124.JPG.725df42b36adeb247cfdf85404170eab.JPG

For those of an Irish bent , Donaghadee.

DSC_2118.JPG.5de719fc82319c2e205a4a3771a8b34d.JPG

Max attachments reached so part 2 to follow.

Jim

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Caley Jim said:

Firstly for @Compound2632, Kettlewell

I gather it's in the current Railway Modeller. I'm hoping to have something on some aspect of its construction in a future number of Modelling the Midland, which will increase its celebrity yet further. I hope to get to see it in the flesh someday!

• Like 4

Difficult to get a really good photo of it, but the Manston Airfield Museum has a very extensive 4mm scale model of the railway sidings at the aerodrome, which formed the terminus of the Manston Camp Light Railway from Birchington.  Opened in 1918 and traffic ceased about 1925, although the track wasn't lifted for a few years longer.  The museum could do with paying some attention to the rolling stock used, but the size is impressive.

P1040339-edited.JPG

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
On 26/02/2024 at 21:24, Compound2632 said:

I gather it's in the current Railway Modeller. I'm hoping to have something on some aspect of its construction in a future number of Modelling the Midland, which will increase its celebrity yet further. I hope to get to see it in the flesh someday!

It is indeed in the latest edition of the Modeller!

Next trips out for Kettlewell will be at the Cathcart Club show in Pollokshaws in October, followed by the Renfrewshire club show in Paisley in December. As a regular operator, it's an absolute joy to run, superbly engineered.

Possible future shows include Aberdeen (2025) and Kendal (2026), obviously both TBC. John Stocks tries to limit outings to around 3 per year, given that we have another club layout on the circuit (Garlieston) and a number of other personal projects under construction - including another Midland layout that John S is building.

• Like 4

I purchased a Dapol N Gauge M7 along with winning three Graham Farish 4-Wheel Coaches to make a mini push-pull suburban rake based on the one in Kenilworth. Yes, it is the West Midlands Railway.

• Like 1