BSL coaches

farren

• RMweb Gold

I have just received two BSL coaches from ebay a 57ft cor BKE 3rd and a 57ft steel open BKE 3rd the kits look like they might be older than myself with the price on them and them having wooden roofs. I had brought them to get my hand in before i start on some 247 LNWR kits. But looks like they could be interesting to say the least. As any one built ether of these kits and have any suggestions of the best way to go about building them. Does the wood need treatment before use etc. I have not open the packaging yet but does look original and undamaged. Does anyone have any photos to show a complete kit,

• RMweb Gold

I have a BSL Bulleid from the late '60s, bought direct from BSL's agent, Hobbytime, and in the best tradition still awaiting finishing. Some bits have gone AWOL over the years. The roof appears to me to be the same shape as when I got it, and sits well on the sides and ends.

• RMweb Gold

You can't count your self a proper modeler if you don't have some part built unfinished kits laying around preferably with bits awol or borrowed for other things also unfinished.

• RMweb Premium

You can't count your self a proper modeler if you don't have some part built unfinished kits laying around preferably with bits awol or borrowed for other things also unfinished.

You would need to replace "Some" with "A lot of".....

I have just received two BSL coaches from ebay a 57ft cor BKE 3rd and a 57ft steel open BKE 3rd the kits look like they might be older than myself with the price on them and them having wooden roofs. I had brought them to get my hand in before i start on some 247 LNWR kits. But looks like they could be interesting to say the least. As any one built ether of these kits and have any suggestions of the best way to go about building them. Does the wood need treatment before use etc. I have not open the packaging yet but does look original and undamaged. Does anyone have any photos to show a complete kit,

Might be worth changing the wooden roof for an aluminium one, and scribe the door outlines into the sides.If you have the plastic underframes add some plastic strip so thel are L section rather than flat. Plenty of other details can be added, Comet models is a good source of detail parts

• RMweb Gold

I have seen people using some sort of template for doing the doors don't trust my self trying it with a rule and scribe as for the frames I had thought of 51L but will give comet a look too cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sorry for not replying sooner can't seem to find a template so it's do it yourself time for the doors. But have ordered undeframes from 247developments as I was ordering a coach anyway

Archived