NRM Exclusive Edition - Deltic prototype (in-service livery, weathered and sound versions)

Andy Y

1.Deltic Prototype, mainline in service, pristine P1080911.jpeg

Locomotion: The National Railway Museum at Shildon is delighted to announce the release of the NRM’s latest Exclusive Edition in the “National Collection in Miniature” model railway series produced by Bachmann.

The latest version of this finely detailed model of the Deltic Prototype locomotive carries the livery it ran in on the Eastern Region. This livery depicts the slight variation to the English Electric Deltic colour scheme which the locomotive carried when it operated on the East Coast Main Line. Previous issues of this NRM Exclusive Edition have all featured its preserved livery, and this is the first time that the OO scale locomotive in its “in mainline service” condition has been available.

The model is available in four variants - pristine DCC ready; pristine DCC fitted; pristine DCC fitted with sound; and weathered DCC ready. The latter 3 options however have very limited availability.

As the National Railway Museum marks the 75th anniversary of the A4 class locomotive Mallard’s world steam speed record, this is a fitting time to celebrate the Deltic Prototype – as this locomotive went on to take over from Gresley’s iconic Pacifics on the Eastern Region.

The Deltic Prototype model in mainline livery is available exclusively through the museum’s online outlet at www.locomotionmodels.com , and from the museum shop at Locomotion: The National Railway Museum at Shildon.

The locomotive is competitively priced at £125 for the pristine, DCC ready version; £135 for both pristine DCC fitted and weathered DCC ready; and £250 DCC fitted with sound, plus p&p where appropriate. However, there are special introductory offers for all pre-delivery orders with a discount of £5 plus free UK mainland p&p. Delivery to the NRM is expected during August so time is limited to take advantage of this early bird opportunity.

The Deltic Prototype in Eastern Region livery model is limited and so early ordering is advised. Demand is expected to be high for this most popular iconic locomotive, particularly for the very limited variants. Therefore, to try to be fair to all of our UK and worldwide enthusiasts, orders will be limited to two per customer initially.

The first image shows a comparison between the in-service livery (Right) and the preserved livery (Left).

10.Deltic Prototype, as preserved (L) & mainline in service (R) P1080823.jpeg

2.Deltic Prototype, mainline in service, pristine P1080881.jpeg

3.Deltic Prototype, mainline in service, pristine P1080802.jpeg

4.Deltic Prototype, mainline in service, weatheredP1080938.jpeg

5.Deltic Prototype, mainline in service, weatheredP1080935.jpeg

6.Deltic Prototype, mainline in service, weathered P1080869.jpeg

7.Deltic Prototype, mainline in service, weathered cab end P1080864.jpeg

8.Deltic Prototype, mainline in service, weathered roof P1080780.jpeg

9.Deltic Prototype, mainline in service, both P1080947.jpeg

If you would like more information, please contact locomotionmodels.com by telephone on 01388 771439 or email queries@locomotionmodels.com

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Locomotion: The National Railway Museum at Shildon is delighted to announce the NRM’s latest Exclusive Edition in the “National Collection in Miniature” model railway series produced by Bachmann is now in stock!

The latest version of this finely detailed model of the Deltic Prototype locomotive carries the livery it ran in on the Eastern Region. This livery depicts the slight variation to the English Electric Deltic colour scheme which the locomotive carried when it operated on the East Coast Main Line. Previous issues of this NRM Exclusive Edition have all featured its preserved livery, and this is the first time that the OO scale locomotive in its “in mainline service” condition has been available.

The model is available in four variants - pristine DCC ready; pristine DCC fitted; pristine DCC fitted with sound; and weathered DCC ready. The latter 3 options however have very limited availability and the Weathered variant is nearly sold out.

The Early Bird offer will last until Sunday 11th August 2013 and then the price will increase and free P&P will end.

THE DCC FITTED VERSION WILL BE HERE BY THE END OF AUGUST AND THE EARLY BIRD OFFER ON THIS MODEL WILL LAST UNTIL WE TAKE DELIVERY.

ALL 'EARLY BIRD PREBUY' ORDERS WILL BE DISPATCHED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

PRISTINE DCC READY £120.00 (will then be £125.00)

PRISTINE DCC FITTED £130.00 (will then be £135.00)

PRISTINE WITH SOUND £245.00 (will then be £250.00)

WEATHERED £130.00 (will then be £135.00)

My weathered version arrived today and looks very good.

Stan

Locomotion: The National Railway Museum at Shildon is delighted to announce the NRM’s latest Exclusive Edition in the “National Collection in Miniature” model railway series produced by Bachmann is now in stock!
The model is available in four variants - pristine DCC ready; pristine DCC fitted; pristine DCC fitted with sound; and weathered DCC ready. The latter 3 options however have very limited availability and the Weathered variant is nearly sold out.

The Early Bird offer will last until Sunday 11th August 2013 and then the price will increase and free P&P will end.
THE DCC FITTED VERSION WILL BE HERE BY THE END OF AUGUST AND THE EARLY BIRD OFFER ON THIS MODEL WILL LAST UNTIL WE TAKE DELIVERY.

ALL 'EARLY BIRD PREBUY' ORDERS WILL BE DISPATCHED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
PRISTINE DCC READY £120.00 (will then be £125.00)
PRISTINE DCC FITTED £130.00 (will then be £135.00)
PRISTINE WITH SOUND £245.00 (will then be £250.00)
WEATHERED £130.00 (will then be £135.00)

• 7 years later...

Bought one of these when they came out and only just got around to fitting a decoder and the three link couplings and hoses.

The hole for the three link is much too big, so the coupling just falls out, whilst the air hoses are a full 180 degree curve, resulting in them fouling the front of the bogie. I will have to glue in the coupling with super glue, hoping I get it correctly aligned before it goes off, and try and heat the hoses to straighten them slightly. Such basic things. Not impressed.

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Steve Williams said:

Bought one of these when they came out and only just got around to fitting a decoder and the three link couplings and hoses.

The hole for the three link is much too big, so the coupling just falls out, whilst the air hoses are a full 180 degree curve, resulting in them fouling the front of the bogie. I will have to glue in the coupling with super glue, hoping I get it correctly aligned before it goes off, and try and heat the hoses to straighten them slightly. Such basic things. Not impressed.

Bit harsh really. This was produced 7 years ago. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Steve Williams said:

I think you are complaining about the inevitable differences between a display model and a working layout model. It isnt unusual to have to trim or omit some or all of a detailing pack in order to operate a loco. On the positive side the Deltic is a superb runner on DCC - I have sounded fitted mine with Legomans project and an iphone speaker and its plenty loud enough for the attic :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Brocp said:

Oh I know, but Steve there doesn't seem to think so. 

It was just a terminological error but you can have a pedantic badge for today.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 21/09/2020 at 19:17, Steve Williams said:

Christ on a bike. If that's all I had to worry about during a day's graft I would be a happy chap.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

• 3 years later...

Does anyone know the catalogue numbers for the different livery versions of DP1.

Am I right in thinking the east coast liveried version is a lighter blue where as the west coast liveried one is the slightly darker as preserved blue?

The Bachmann spares site has both the ECML and WCML bodies listed but it looks like they have used the same image for both, at least I cant tell the difference.

Edited by bubbles2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, bubbles2 said:

Does anyone know the catalogue numbers for the different livery versions of DP1.

Am I right in thinking the east coast liveried version is a lighter blue where as the west coast liveried one is the slightly darker as preserved blue?

The Bachmann spares site has both the ECML and WCML bodies listed but it looks like they have used the same image for both, at least I cant tell the difference.

All listed on the wonderful Hattons database. I sincerely hope someone takes this on and keeps it up to date - its an invaluable resource! https://www.hattons.co.uk/directory/versiondetails/2814/bachmann_branchline_oo_dp1_deltic_prototype?instock=true&onorder=true&soldout=true

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply’s, so cat no 32-522NRM had a lighter roof, but still no conclusive proof that the blue changed to a lighter ( as built?) blue.

Another difference appears to be the light yellow lining around the grey roof which my early 32-520 model does not have, can’t believe I purchased  mine back in February 2002 from the NRM, no. 46 on the receipt.

IMG_0608.jpeg