Stubby47 Bespoke Model Buildings

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

As you know, I've been making model buildings for a few years now, mostly grotty ones and some with additional features.....

I'd like to announce that I'm now offering a bespoke building, building service, mainly in 4mm, and also in 2mm or 7mm if required.

Please take a look at my website and if there is anything you'd like building, please ask !

Cheers

Stu

www.stubby47.com

Edited by Stubby47
Updated Web address
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Some years back I flirted with doing loco renumbering and weathering for customers. It's a very different proposition modelling for fun or building something as a favour to a friend than doing it for a paying customer on commission. In the end I hated the 'I hope this is good enough' and 'What if they don't like it' thoughts, made very little on it and packed the venture in. From time to time I still put stuff on ebay but that's not doing work on commission and it's up to the bidders to decide if they like what I've done. 

Despite my own findings I still wish you all the best with the venture (don't let me put you off!).

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to order some dis-used toilets please

What resort of range do you have?

The range covers Cornish dis-used toilets, Scottish dis-used toilets, Black Country dis-used toilets and Wild West dis-used toilets - which versions do you require ?( and how many ? )

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The range covers Cornish dis-used toilets, Scottish dis-used toilets, Black Country dis-used toilets and Wild West dis-used toilets - which versions do you require ?( and how many ? )

I do hope that you're not going to get bogged down in this subject area Stu,  I reckon you ought to dump part of this range and concentrate on some other subject areas.

When I saw your new thread, I though oh sausages, another fine thread with pictures of great models determined to make me give it all in........

I am vastly relieved to see there are NO PICTURES ...only a link.....I am too scared to go check out the link. :scared: ....I will build up some courage later........ :jester:

Seriously though, having seen some of your work, I offer my vote of confidence. some people are not certain what they want either, so perhaps a little catalogue of ideas might give people something to look for. GWR, LMS, etc. etc. might encourage people to visualise what they want / need. Perhaps some of your friends might offer up some (serious) options.

With a little background info  :senile:

1. Era

2. Train livery appropriate.

3. A N other

I would also recommend starting on smaller projects like signal boxes etc as popular items, plus this will allow you to not accidentally price your self very low and have to spend endless hours working for a pittance.

Best of luck..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mike,

I'm happy to make whatever people ask for; if I get a reputation for building toilets, as Gravy Train has for Signal Boxes, then so be it.

Jaz,

If I'm being honest, and with out prejudicing any future requests, I'm probably more keen on making non-railway buildings - sheds, garages, shops, etc., as these can be tailored far more to an individual's taste than a formulaic railway-standard item.

(PS My glass is always full - half liquid, half air :) )

• Like 3

I wish you all the very best, Stu!

Maybe I'll send you the plans for a very dodgy brick outhouse in the Bronx - complete with cartridge cases and spent syringes.................a narrow gauge layout bringing up the Ammo....

Good luck, my friend, Pete.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I do hope that you're not going to get bogged down in this subject area Stu,  I reckon you ought to dump part of this range and concentrate on some other subject areas.

Yes, I also hope it pans out well, hope you get lots of eaffluent customers and you'll be flushed with success before you know it!

Seriously for a moment - apart from scratchbuilt structures, is there any money to be made in kit-building to a high standard, and/or enhancing kits, such as replacing plastic Ratio signalbox windows with the etched ones, providing interior detail etc.?

• 3 months later...

Nice work Stu,
I especially like the top building (barn?)
and the bricked up arches on the right hand end....

Hope the business is going well

Marc

EDIT: I see your camera thinks it's still 2006
is that Cornish time? ;)

Edited by marc smith

• Stubby47 changed the title to Stubby47 Bespoke Model Buildings
  • 3 weeks later...