A question about the RMweb Cookie

• RMweb Gold

I have noticed something in the last couple of weeks. I have been turning on my PC early in the morning to listen to music whilst I excersize but not looking at rmweb. If a few hrs later I check the site and have "view new content since last visit" set, it only shows me content from when the computer was turned on that morning.

What is happening and why does the cookie think I have done something instead of showing me the content from 10pm the night before? (And don't tell me its RMwebs way of saying go and model first thing in the morning rather than try and get fit)

• RMweb Premium

There's something about the cookie.  I can stay logged in at home (Mac OSX / Safari) for ever and the default page is VNC.  At work (PC / IE) I am flicked out despite having the "remember me" box ticked and have to click the X on the cookie alert box before being allowed to log in again - every single time.  Frustrating.

There's something about the cookie.  I can stay logged in at home (Mac OSX / Safari) for ever and the default page is VNC.  At work (PC / IE) I am flicked out despite having the "remember me" box ticked and have to click the X on the cookie alert box before being allowed to log in again - every single time.  Frustrating.

Your work PC has probably been set up by your IT dept. to limit cookie functionality.  My work PC + Firefox keeps me logged in and remembers what I was doing (also with E-bay) unless I go on leave for a week or more.  The same controls but a different policy.

• RMweb Premium

Your work PC has probably been set up by your IT dept. to limit cookie functionality.  My work PC + Firefox keeps me logged in and remembers what I was doing (also with E-bay) unless I go on leave for a week or more.  The same controls but a different policy.

While I can agree with the first part of that comment the fact is that the problem only occurs on RMweb and no other site I visit.  It's not a huge problem and there are bigger issues in life.

• RMweb Premium

I don't use the cookies at all (except temporarily while logged in). Everything gets cleared when I close the browser, and the VNC still works fine for me from when I last logged in.

Archived